Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Pay while waiting for reasonable adjustments
Hi. After a long period of being off sick my GP recently signed me as being fit for work, subject to my employer making reasonable adjustments. The adjustments are not yet in place. My employer is not paying me and is marking me as absent/off sick because they say I'm not currently working. Should my employer be doing this? I thought I was entitled to full pay while waiting for the reasonable adjustments. Also, how long does my employer have to put reasonable adjustments in place? Thanks.
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 658 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 968 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 586 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 842 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.