Fit note — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fit note

Options
Ralph
Ralph Community member Posts: 81 Pioneering
edited January 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi my wife has just claimed UC. As she’s disabled she has to produce a fit note. When filling in the claim form I indicated she looks after me, as she does, I have epilepsy but lost my my care component on the move from DLA to pip, kept high mobility. The journal says I have to produce a fit note too. As I get carers allowance for her as she gets care component of pip I should not be required to work anyway. 
Should I change the section on health so I don’t need a fit note, 4 weeks for a doctors appointment, or leave as is and eventually get a fit note.
I don’t want to mess things up. 
We have appointments this week with dwp to provide evidence of tenancy etc. Should I ask them?

Comments

• clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello there I'm on uc following cancer but was told I could look for work of 10 hours I'm 63 and basically nakerd . Uc seems to be very hard to understand I'm not very good with form s etc but there are people on here more educated who will help I'm sure they will be in touch 
  • Ralph
    Ralph Community member Posts: 81 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I think I’ll ask them during my appointment which is the best route. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.