Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


hi, all 
can any one help 
I used to be on esa support group and high rate dla 
was moved on to pip last year
just received a letter  asking for information on my esa/ir  from 2012 to 2016
it 's also stating they have not received my esa3/ibd form   (never got1}

? can I still claim this esa3/ ibd    I am aged 67     13/2/51

many thanks


  • Dotty123Dotty123 Member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    If your pension age no don’t think so xil says if you got pip before 65 you Keep it but may affect other benefits esa is stopped at pension age 
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,352 Disability Gamechanger
    You be better phoneing DWP and asking what the letteyis about, it may be they owe you money?? 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    All those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA are being contacted by DWP because of an error made by them. When people transferred across they were automatically placed onto Contributions based ESA and weren't assessed for any Income related top up.

    They are contacting everyone, even those that no longer claim ESA. Just because you're now claiming your pension it doesn't mean you won't be entitled to receive any backdated money, if they owe it to you.

    If you don't have the ESA3 form that they say they send then ring ESA on Monday morning and tell them you didn't receive it. It's possible that this form can be filled in over the phone. If it's not filled in then they can't assess you, this means you could be missing out on some money. Of course not everyone will be entitled to any backdated money, it depends on your circumstances at that time.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.