esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa

Options
dave8
dave8 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi, all 
can any one help 
I used to be on esa support group and high rate dla 
was moved on to pip last year
just received a letter  asking for information on my esa/ir  from 2012 to 2016
it 's also stating they have not received my esa3/ibd form   (never got1}

? can I still claim this esa3/ ibd    I am aged 67     13/2/51

many thanks

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    If your pension age no don’t think so xil says if you got pip before 65 you Keep it but may affect other benefits esa is stopped at pension age 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You be better phoneing DWP and asking what the letteyis about, it may be they owe you money?? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,026 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

All those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA are being contacted by DWP because of an error made by them. When people transferred across they were automatically placed onto Contributions based ESA and weren't assessed for any Income related top up.

They are contacting everyone, even those that no longer claim ESA. Just because you're now claiming your pension it doesn't mean you won't be entitled to receive any backdated money, if they owe it to you.

If you don't have the ESA3 form that they say they send then ring ESA on Monday morning and tell them you didn't receive it. It's possible that this form can be filled in over the phone. If it's not filled in then they can't assess you, this means you could be missing out on some money. Of course not everyone will be entitled to any backdated money, it depends on your circumstances at that time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.