PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Have your say about your online community! Complete our annual survey.

Pip reduced

tracy2244tracy2244 Member Posts: 35 Listener
Hi I have signed up today in the hope for some help if possible. I have been on ESA for 4 years now and was awarded PIP  about two years ago. I suffer depression, anxiety, artritues, asthma, syatica and gout. 3 weeks ago I had another Pip assessment done and was also ask change to my heath since last assessment. The answer was yes I now also now have spondylitis type 2 diebetise, high colestral, B12 defecity and IBS. My pip was due today put was lot less then I have been getting. I have not had a letter to give me the results of my assignment. Dose anyone no why it has been reduced.

Replies

• Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    That seems odd @tracy2244 I can only suggest that you call them up and ask what has happened. If your award has been changed you should have been informed, you can call the PIP enquiry line on 0800 121 4433
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • YadnadYadnad Member [under moderation] Posts: 2,862 Disability Gamechanger
    You say that you have received a letter which presumably is a decision notice.
    What does the letter say?
  • tracy2244tracy2244 Member Posts: 35 Listener
    No I haven't had the letter yet to let me no the outcome 
    Sometimes the letter arrives after you notice a change in your money in the bank account.
    The first time people find out that they had got an award is when the money hits the bank. Hang in there - a letter will be on it's way to let you know what is happening.
    Thank you for your replies. I will see if I get anything in the post today if not I will them a call later today   :)
    Hi a update on my message. I have just rung them she said my PIP has been stopped as not entitled to it anymore.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. The payment you received today was likely the last one because it was a less amount.

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR and you should put this in writing stating what you disagree with, where you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempt that activity for each descriptor that applies.

I'd advise you to get some face to face advice from an advice centre near you.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Thank you poppy123456 I will do that as soon as the letter turns up. 
    tracy2244 said:
    Hi a update on my message. I have just rung them she said my PIP has been stopped as not entitled to it anymore.
    Sorry to hear that. Be prepared for a wait of 15 months + if you want to take it to a Tribunal. ridiculous waiting period in my opinion.
    Hi all sorry to bother you again. I still have not received from pip to say they stopped it, but did today get a letter from Health Assessment Advisory Service saying have to next week for a face-face assessment ti carry out an assessment in relation to my bebefit claim. Is this for the Pip they just or something as it dint say what benefit claim it is for. 
  • Ghost4287Ghost4287 Member Posts: 13 Connected
    @tracy2244 I had to have a face to face assessment for my PIP.
    Ghost4287 hi. I had my face to face 3 weeks ago for my PIP and was told over the phone yesterday  they have stopped it.
    edited January 2019
    Hi,

Do you claim ESA or universal credit? The health assessment advisory service do work capability assessments. You must have filled in and returned a work capability assessment form (ESA50/UC50) at some point in the past, is this correct?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    edited January 2019
    Poppy123456 yes I get ESA have done for 4 years. I have not had either of the forms to fill in
  • liverpool1969liverpool1969 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi guys I am 49yrs Epileptic from birth I have asthma,arthritis spine bone spurs anxiety and depression , I’ve been on DLA from 25yrs middle rate care low mobility each assessment I’ve always taken a seizure most of time ambulance required , PIP took over in 2016 taken a seizure laying in ambulance as assessment withheld , reception run out next appointment gave it to my husband saying in a manner “Got to come back “Won’t get paid if “Don’t and won’t get home visit , which proved her wrong with a letter off my consultant , Got my award for 3yrs , been diagnosed now with non-epileptic seizures quite confusing but referred to therapy , as well as my epilepsy they are stress related , just had a review from pip who was a woman with mental health background , never gave a score , at my home for safety , left leaving no score that she thought , I being crying,agitated,palpatations everything but not a seizure”thank God” results came back I can control my seizures with medication, eyes were fixed , upset just a little , and can get to a safe place when a seizure happening , I’ve never had a warning with my epilepsy , but new ones I take sometimes I do , there different, lowered my award taken standard mobility off me nothing about the after effects I have after seizure , and it’s for a longer period of time and put am ok in a safe environment basically because I never took one , I’ve taken 3seizures since this letter got to somewhere safe ie.hospital . Ended up on floor having a seizure , not safe place for me , these people Atos , Dwp are bullying and intimidating people like myself , to bring on seizure ie. why do you take a seizure ? 49yrs am still asking myself why ,so just little bit of my experience and certainly not helping my condition , I am going to ask for a mandatory consideration when I feel bit myself again but inside can’t handle , they have not even taken in my mental state after seizure obviously because my arms and legs can move am fine and fit and never took a seizure I can control , disgusting these assessors are suppose to be medically trained , one assessment I frightened the assessor in the seizure , not good for either something to remember for me not nice , thanks reading
    tracy2244 said:
    Poppy123456 yes I get ESA have done for 4 years. I have not had either of the forms to fill in
    It's a work capability assessment for ESA. Have you changed your address recently and didn't report the changes? I'd ring DWP and the number on the letter to tell them that you haven't receive a work capability assessment form.

Usually when you don't return an ESA50 form then they find you fit for work for failing to return the form. If you're claiming for mental health reasons then DWP are more relaxed with the rules but do ring to find out what's happening. Good luck.
    Poppy123456. No haven't changed my address. I rung them today to see what the benefit assessment was for as didn't say on the letter. When I spoke to her i ask what it was for she just said for your ESA benefit and more or less put the phone down on me. I will ring them again tomorrow and mention it. Could it be I didn't get any forms as I only done one fir my pip a few weeks? It also says on the letter they want medical records from my docter. I no this can take 1-2 weeks  for him to do this has he done in the past. Like I said only got the today but git to go there next Wednesday 6th 
  • MatthewD1985MatthewD1985 Member Posts: 31 Connected
    edited January 2019
    Yadnad said:
    Sometimes the letter arrives after you notice a change in your money in the bank account.
    The first time people find out that they had got an award is when the money hits the bank. Hang in there - a letter will be on it's way to let you know what is happening.
    **always** arrives after the payment has already been adjusted I think you mean Yadnad... lol

Hope you manage to get it sorted tracy2244 
    tracy2244 said:
    It also says on the letter they want medical records from my doctor.  
    Are they suggesting that you get the records from your GP and presumably for you to pay for the privilege?

The DWP/assessing company should obtain these as they have an agreement with the NHS to pay the GP for this information.
    Yadnad thank you. 
    Yes, i knew it was for ESA. You should have received the ESA50 form and i'd certainly be ringing DWP to question why they never sent you one. Do you have any problems with your mail being delivered? Maybe you live in a flat or shared house? Sorry but just trying to think of reasons why you didn't receive the form but of course i'm only guessing here.

PIP is totally different to ESA so the form you filled in for that wouldn't be for the ESA. Please ring DWP.

You will need to attend the work capability assessment but not having filled out the form they have nothing to look back at other than the assessment you'll have.

Yadnad  it's says on the letter medical report from your docter, consultant or support worker 
    tracy2244 said:
    Yadnad  it's says on the letter medical report from your docter, consultant or support worker 
    speechless!!

Given that you have to do your best to get an award and as much as it goes against the grain I would suggest you comply with the request.
    Not right at all.

Poppy12345 no never received that form. I don't normally have problem with my mail here. I will definitely be ringing them first thing and asking them. Thank you 
    Poppy123456 ablnd yes I do also suffer from depression and anxiety.  
    Requesting medical reports isn't suggesting that you pay form them. In fact on the from of the work capability form it advises you not to pay for them. Besides, it's free to get digital copies of your medical records but you have to pay if you want paper copies, obviously.

@tracy2244 you can download and print the ESA50 form from the internet. I'd advise doing this, if possible and fill it in and take it with you to the assessment. When you're there tell them that you didn't receive a work capability form and you need to hand it in.

As you recently applied for PIP i'm assuming you sent evidence for that to support your claim? Do you have that, that you can send? You should always keep copies of everything you send DWP.
    One other thing, work capability assessment forms (ESA50) do not come in brown envelopes, they come in while ones. This is because they're come straight from the health assessment advisory not DWP.

I had mine in October and it took me completely by surprise when i opened it because i totally forget they don't come in brown envelopes. Takes a lot of people by surprise.

Is it possible that you received it and thought it was junk mail by the colour of the envelope? Just a thought, that's all.
    This is the same reasons as PIP. They very rarely contact any GP or medical professional for any evidence.

Taken from your link above.
    The Department may ask GPs to complete a factual ESA113 report on their patient.
    Take note of the "may"
    Poppy12345 no always check my mail before I throw it away.
    edited January 2019
    Yadnad the 1st thing I heard about it was the letter for a assessment for next week  and only got that today and nothing else. 
    Poppu123456 thank you I will still ring them in the morning to see if that's the case if not let them I have not had the form.
    edited January 2019
    Thank you all for your comment's and help. Blimey I have gone from reduced pip to esa now calling me up. Never been so stressed out. Still waiting for pip letter as to say why they have stopped it the other day and also need the letter to appeal against it, now ESA sending me the appointment for less then a weeks time (with out the forms I should have had or maybe not) and now not knowing how that turns out. I will keep you updated as to what is going on with both in the hope it can help others. Also a big thank you to this site so glad I found it and will let others about scope.
    This is the same reasons as PIP. They very rarely contact any GP or medical professional for any evidence.

Taken from your link above.
    The Department may ask GPs to complete a factual ESA113 report on their patient.
    Take note of the "may"
    I agree with what you say but in the same breath they are telling the claimant to do it themselves.
  • streestree Member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Also from consultant or support worker:
    May be worth approahing these if it applies......
    I get visits from the Community nurse and I have asked her for a letter for such circumastances, I have plenty but anything over 2 years old is disregarded.
    Seems to have hit poor Tracy all at once, so some form filling to do! I would advise  filling the forms out first by yourself after getting as calm and collected as possible, I know, easier said than done.) and to first fill them in with pencil, that way you can alter and edit after rereading........When you do get the forms filled in to your satisfaction, make sure your name NI number and DOB are at the top of every page and TAKE COPIES............keep the copies and take them to the assessment, you are allowed to refer to them in the assessment.
    Deep breaths, try to keep calm and quiet and don`t rush.
    Wishing you the very best outcome.
    edited February 2019
    Stree thank you for your comment. Still waiting for letter from pip so I can not appeal to as why they have stopped my pip.  Wednesday is another hurdle. Thank you for your kind words means a lot. I have not been sent for my ESA appointment on Wednesday.  Hope you have everything sorted at your end 
    Hi all. Had my letter today explaining why my pip had been stopped. I had scored 0 on everything.  She ask me if my antidepressants are working for me..I said need no need to go to my docters and get it sorted..in her report I said yes..she also ask me if I can cook for myself I said no most of my meals are microwave meals as unable to carry heavy pots and hard to bend down to get things out of the oven...she put yes can cook for herself and others in her statement that didn't match to I had said. Not sure what to do now. So fed up and anxiety is though the roof....

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. The payment you received today was likely the last one because it was a less amount.

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR and you should put this in writing stating what you disagree with, where you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempt that activity for each descriptor that applies.

I'd advise you to get some face to face advice from an advice centre near you.
    The above quote is what you need to do next. The reasons you gave above for preparing a meal will not score you any points. Not being able to carry pans ect around the kitchen isn't part of the criteria for this descriptor.

For this you need to consider your ability to peel, chop, serve food on to a plate and use a microwave oven or cooker hob to cook or heat food. Can you safely do this? Do you need to use an aid to chop or prepare your food?   If you can't do any of this, why can't you do it? What happened the last time you attempted this?

You need to do this for all the descriptors that apply to you.
    I am unable to do that due to artritues..she never ask those qestuons. She also said I can cope with stairs..I never used stairs for this assignment. I have also now got to go for a assessment on Wednesday for my ESA I am dredging it.
     So tired and worn down by it all 😢
    Makes me wounder if any of this is worth it. 
    You need to explain why you can't do those activities. There's very often no time to ask every single question during the assessment,  which is why putting all the information on the form is really important.

I'd advise contacting an advice centre near you for help and advice.

Poppy123456 i did my assment. Clearly went over her head. Tired of trying and been made a laughing stock for thier enteranment. You sit in front of them for 20 minutes and they can say you are ok. Maybe it's time to call it quites. I don't have the will to argue with people who lie about the assignment. Fill like I am fighting a losing battle. Was made to fill little and a lier. That ain't me. My records show otherwise. But not to them 
    This is why it's really important to put down all the information on the form because there's very often not enough of time during the assessment. People make the mistake of putting very little information on the forms and then they wonder why they weren't asked that particular question at their assessment, i've made this mistake myself in the past.

Those having reviews are often worse than those claiming first time. They have the form and think they should write no change and leave it at that. This isn't correct, always put as much information as possible and treat reviews like it's a first time claim. I'm not even sure why they call them reviews to be honest because the process is exactly the same as the first time you apply.

You should fight for what you're entitled to and don't let them win because that's what they want. Check your area with the link above to see what advice centres are available that can help you through the whole process.

Please also be aware that this PIP decision can affect any other benefits you receive, but this will depend on your circumstances.
    edited February 2019
    typed in error

Yadnad said:
    But Poppy as most of us know, including the government via questions in the house and the results of the various Work & Pensions Committees, the DWP case manager takes very little note of what you put on the claim form, in fact they also don't consider evidence that you have sent in. Their main focus is on the assessment report and what the assessor recommends in the way of points and length of award. In fact you yourself regularly point out that the DWP will almost always follow the contents of the assessor's report. This should not happen as the instructions/guidance to both the assessor and the case manager say otherwise. 

To balance that, yes there are decent and accurate assessors as there are conscientious case managers, but in the main they are ruled by time constraints and don't want to be sat at their desk for an hour or two looking at all of the evidence and submissions. They have cases piled high to get through in a day.

Which is why the HCP also looks at the claim form ... i stand by what i say.
    Do they? If that is the case I wonder how they manage to do that when a claim form has not been sent in? 
    Personally I believe that even if they do look at it they would take it all with a pinch of salt as anybody can write anything on a form.

Yadnad said:
    Do they? If that is the case I wonder how they manage to do that when a claim form has not been sent in? 
    Personally I believe that even if they do look at it they would take it all with a pinch of salt as anybody can write anything on a form.

I was given advice about Tracy's PIP refusal. A claim for was sent for that and she's just had her PIP refused after a review.

Do you really ever have anything good to say?

I was given advice about Tracy's PIP refusal. A claim for was sent for that and she's just had her PIP refused after a review.

Do you really ever have anything good to say?
    To be honest - very little. I don't know how others have coped with the PIP process and obviously cannot speak for them. My own experiences (over the past 23 years) of the benefit system and how it works and is so inflexible is extremely poor. So obviously that is all I can relate to.

You have had good experiences both with your daughter and yourself so obviously that would colour how you view the system.
    Your experiences are at the other end of the spectrum when compared to mine.

I'm sorry but your comments aren't helping anyone who's scared to death and looking for some support.
    I'm sorry I thought this was a place to share experiences about what has happened to you and others close to you who are labelled disabled by others - that's all that has been going on here..
    Yes it is but when someone constantly scares others then you start to wonder and start to ask yourself, is there really any need to do that.
    edited February 2019
    I'm sorry I thought this was a place to share experiences about what has happened to you and others close to you who are labelled disabled by others - that's all that has been going on here..
    I'm sorry but your comments aren't helping anyone who's scared to death and looking for some support.
    Hey Poppy, don't forget that I'm in the same boat as most on this site. Having had another face to face assessment last Friday to ascertain how I was in October 2017 which was again a shambles. Personally I'm sick to death of the whole system which obviously is again affecting my ability to try to keep a level head and live as normal a life as is possible.  
    Matthew,
    Relating ones experience of an assessment, an interview, a procedure or a request to a medical professional etc etc etc is one thing,
    These of course may be positive or negative, useful or not, but by being shared and discussed it can be hoped that someone get s some valuable information, some guide to sources of help and importantly, some hope.
    If a poster reponds negatively  to every enquiry or post that arrives here, would you consider that a desireable sharing of experience? A helpful thing to do?
    I suggest not. Yes, it  can reinforce anothers negativity, but what good does that do to those who come here seeking help and guidance??
    People generally come here for help and support, not to be told that the system is biased against them  and they have no chance of justice.
  • Gary01522Gary01522 Member Posts: 24 Connected
    edited February 2019
    I have recently joined. I do not give many views because of my own negative experience.
    But I did notice a very strong point why have so many of us not received the results of the claim form.
     When I first applied for Disability Living Allowance. I received the results form showing how many points was allocated for each section.
    Mobility cooking dressing talking.
    However when I was sent the claim for Pip which shocked me at 68 years old and not working If we do not get the results we can not contest the results. I lost around £130 a month with their results of my pip application . but it left me in such a frail mess. figures of authority scare the hell out of me. Its wrong but even though  know in my heart they are wrong.it has left me terrified of those damned forms and the process.how much did you get in that year or  another year. 

Yes it is but when someone constantly scares others then you start to wonder and start to ask yourself, is there really any need to do that.
    To be totally frank I am scared to death that once again I am going to find out that they will confirm that the assessment carried out in late 2017 is mirrored by the latest face to face assessment of Friday and do everything possible to attempt to get me to pull out of the whole appeal. 
    I'm sorry Poppy if I don't jump around with the joys of spring given what I have been through with PIP since 2013.
    I have been on pip since 2017 I was getting £229 a month like u said had an assessment couple weeks ago. Since my last assessment I have more health then before and the ones u had at the will never get any better only worse. I was Wednesday this week thar I am not entitled to it anymore I have now got to appeal against so more strees. On top of I also got a letter to go to ESA assessment this coming Wednesday if I lose that aswell I have no idea what to do. My anxiety and strees levels are though the roof right. 
    That is just like a mirror image of my feelings and results. but why dont we get full access and resuts form back. so we know where to contest their results
    Gary01522 said:
    I have recently joined. I do not give many views because of my own negative experience.
    But I did notice a very strong point why have so many of us not received the results of the claim form.
     When I first applied for Disability Living Allowance. I received the results form showing how many points was allocated for each section.
    Mobility cooking dressing talking.
    However when I was sent the claim for Pip which shocked me at 68 years old and not working If we do not get the results we can not contest the results. I lost around £130 a month with their results of my pip application . but it left me in such a frail mess. figures of authority scare the hell out of me. Its wrong but even though  know in my heart they are wrong.it has left me terrified of those damned forms and the process.how much did you get in that year or  another year. 

Hi,

As far as i know there wasn't any points score for DLA. When i applied for this in 2013 just before PIP was introduced, i was refused but didn't receive anything with any points.

As for your PIP claim, there's always an assessment report written by the health assessment provider and this is returned to the DWP an sent to the decision maker. They don't send this report out to you automatically but you can request a copy is sent to you.

If you're not happy with any decision that's made you can always appeal it and the first step to this is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration then if that fails Tribunal is after that. I'm not sure why you think we can't contest the decisions.
    Pip has sent me letter that dose go one points. For some reason I scored 0 on everything account as she thought I was capable of everyday living and also said in her report such as..she ask me if my antidepressants was working I said no I need to go back to my docters...in her report she said I answerd with they are working fine. She also said I was fine walking with no problems although she had to help walk down the assessment room as lost my balance a couple of times. 
    edited February 2019

I'm sorry I simply don't accept that anyone is trying to scare anyone here and that this is the place to talk about the problems we have been having so we can relate to one another and feel supported. stree I don't think you will find many with positive experiences with the DWP since the coalition government in 2010. What really isn't helpful is calling out individuals for being 'negative' when they are discussing problems with benefits on a disability forum. We are talking about how it is being made needlessly more and more difficult to just get what we are entitled to. There is justice, but people shouldn't be put through all of this with assessments and forms and appeals we are just stating it as a fact. There is enough to worry about in life, especially for those viewed as 'disabled' thing could be made easier and pretending its not going on doesn't help or change anything either. I also stand by my belief that bureaucrats must stop being allowed to over rule the decisions made by our doctors. They are the ones that are best placed to say how someone's condition affects them. Its an insult to the profession. Don't worry Yadnad I agree. The DWP under this gov are failing in epic proportions, this is the reality we are hear to be realistic and help each other find practical solutions to get over these barriers that are needlessly being put in front of people that quite frankly need it the least -  this is exactly the place to talk about all of that - as long as your not being offensive or personal toward anyone else, which your not, then please continue to vent here - tracy2244 hang in there it really is tough if I know first hand how daunting these assessments can be and the whole ESA and PIP process, I hope you have someone that can go with you to the assessment..

Matthew thank you. No goIng on my own unfortunately. 
    Matthew:
    Venting is not helping guiding supporting or giving hope though is it?
    You are missing the point, you are defending peoples right to vent, and I agree, there has to be a place for that here,BUT we must also try to be constructive, not just to go round in circles agreeing with each other how awful the DWP/GOvernment/Tories/ATOS/Capita/HCPs etc etc are....

Tracey, hope you get somewhere with all this, try to keep as calm and collected as you can, try the PIP self test on the Benefits & Work site, can be a great help, and do not give up! You are claiming that which you are entitled to!
    I am ducking out now, seem to be getting side tracked by sub arguments which is of no use to you,but I am partly to blame by stirirring it up! so I wish you all the best.and the strength to get through it*
    Take care.

Yes stree, look at all the trouble you have caused now!!! Nothing to do with me!! Lol..
    Stree thank you for your kind words and those who have also helped. I no how difficult it is for everyone being good or bad. Please don't argue we have all had and bad experience with these assements and sone good. We are all here to view what has happend to us as individuals. They only people to blame is those who think need these assements all the time knowing we are not going to better with our health issues. But seem to make so meany   struggle with assements the outcome and fell the need to put more unessery presure on people.
  • BungalowBungalow Member Posts: 43 Courageous
    I have not been on this site long, but I have found so much support and and even funny moments with comments it has really cheered me up on occasions. I feel its not so much arguing it is trying to get an opinion across on a subject your passionate about. It falls down how it comes across some peeps may enjoy an argument it brightens their day up :smile: it beats having to think about all the negative stuff. Be kind to each other support is the word not being right about everything. If we are wrong sometimes find a nice way of putting it . Hope all goes well for you tracy2244 if you want a moan there is always someone here to listen. 
    tracy2244 said:
    Pip has sent me letter that dose go one points. For some reason I scored 0 on everything account as she thought I was capable of everyday living and also said in her report such as..she ask me if my antidepressants was working I said no I need to go back to my docters...in her report she said I answerd with they are working fine. She also said I was fine walking with no problems although she had to help walk down the assessment room as lost my balance a couple of times. 
    Its the out and out Lies that frighten me. and keeping secrets. no help with any possible options or avenus of help
    Hi everyone hope you are all ok. Update. I posted a letter Monday last week to pip to appeal against thier discition,  but still have not herd from them yet. Had my ESA assessment last week just got a letter from them, I was classed as severely disabled 3 years ago when I first applied for it and was on £180a week. I now have more heath issues (as stated at the start of my post) I have been taken of surport group and now been put in work related activity group and now my benifits have been dropped to £97. How and why can they do this?
    tracy2244 said:
    Hi everyone hope you are all ok. Update. I posted a letter Monday last week to pip to appeal against thier discition,  but still have not herd from them yet. Had my ESA assessment last week just got a letter from them, I was classed as severely disabled 3 years ago when I first applied for it and was on £180a week. I now have more heath issues (as stated at the start of my post) I have been taken of surport group and now been put in work related activity group and now my benifits have been dropped to £97. How and why can they do this?
    The MR decision can take anything from 2-8 weeks. It can take several days for DWP to receive the post so it could be a while yet.

Your ESA was reduced because of 2 reasons. You were claiming the Severe disability premium on top of your ESA because of your PIP daily living award and you live alone, with no one claiming carers allowance for looking after you. As you've lost your PIP award then you lose the SDP as well.

It's been reduced further because you've now been moved from Support Group to the WRAG, which is less money. I'm also assuming that you have some other deductions from your ESA like a debt possibly? ESA WRAG for those that claimed before April 2017 is approximately £102 per week.

If you disagree with the recent ESA decision then you have 28 days from the date of the decision to request the MR.
    I don't have any doubts.  My daughter comes here every weekend to help with washing bathing housework I have told them that. With my depression anxiety and constantly in pain and only getting 2 hours sleep a night I am drained  and don't have the fight in me anymore 😢
    I think you can request MR witha phone call, so please please try to do that, you might feel a bit stronger soon, and then will be glad you did the MR.  Poppy will know that stuff better than me.
    We all get exhausted at some point but we have to keep going.
    Sometimes what works for me is, I imagine I am working out the claim and sorting the issues for someone else, makes you stand back a bit and see the whole thing in another light and that can clarify things and help you move forward, Maybe that`s just me!
    You are not alone in being anxious and exhausted, with disturbed sleep, I am mostly in a wheelchair with V severe COPD and on oxygen, just 15% lung capacity inclines you to just sit and do nothing but you have to find strength from somewhere!
    I am on oral morphine maybe that would help you? Good for both pain and anxiety. Also makes you drowsy so sleep comes easier.
    Please don`t come this far and then give up, plenty of folk want you to get this sorted, please try to look at things in a new light and we will be here and do what we can!
    When requesting the MR always put it in writing.
    stree said:
    I am on oral morphine maybe that would help you? Good for both pain and anxiety. Also makes you drowsy so sleep comes easier.

I presume that you mean Oramorph?  Complete waste ot time for me - I have to take it as and when - 600ml a month! Plus 90mg of MST twice a day (slow release Morphine).
    Even that plus other pain relief meant nothing for my PIP assessments - it was described as low dosage mild pain relief!
    But it`s not about you Yadnad...........I suggested it for the benefit of Tracey, it works for me and no doubt many others and I take it for anxiety not pain.

Thanks Poppy for pointing out about MR  request to be in writing.
    stree said:
    But it`s not about you Yadnad...........I suggested it for the benefit of Tracey, it works for me and no doubt many others and I take it for anxiety not pain.

Thanks Poppy for pointing out about MR  request to be in writing.
    Just pointing out that it doesn't work for some but it may work for others.
    edited February 2019
    Hi all. I have done a letter to Esa to ask them to look at my situation  again. Is it worth sending it off straight away or wait till I get a reply from PIP has it is becouse my pip has stopped my esa has been reduced?  Thank you all again for your advice. X maybe the end of the line for me
    edited February 2019

Every time I see you post something about one of your PIP assessment I do wonder who on earth assessed you. Any clinician worth their salt knows morphine is an end stage pain killer. 
    Hi, Is it? I have no idea to be honest. As for the assessor, the first two assessments (2013 & 2015)  were carried out by the same person, the third by someone different.

It was the first assessor that put that in the report. 

In a way I can understand all of the comments and insinuations that she made - in fact the second report was damn near identical in all ways - same terminology, same phrases and the same dismissals.
    As I have said before two issues that I have come to realise will always go against me - the first is something that you mentioned a while back about assessors not being too keen in trying to be fair with a claimant that can become awkward, argumentative and vocally aggressive during the assessments. As I have said before I will always treat people with respect but in exchange I expect the same in return. The first assessor did not help the situation in the way that she dismissed my explanations demanding a yes no answer. Her demeanour was something to be desired and her overall attitude from the start was aggressive - 'do as I tell you as I can close this assessment at any time'. 
    Secondly and I have mentioned this before also, when I meet strangers, in fact anybody, I am always polite, articulate, and self conscious of how I feel inside but will not show it. Emotion is something that I can only show to people I trust. I may well come over as capable, officious and determined. Put it another way, no one including friends would have any idea as to the turmoil that goes on in my head. I would not be able to do the voluntary job I do.

So with that level of medication, the side effects are now reduced to the extent that I no longer walk around in a zombie state.

Yes I know I may give out the wrong impressions and signals - that is entirely down to will power, determination as well as fight or flight I use the fight mode - running away never solved anything in my life hence how and why I ended up in this state both physically and mentally! Most people would run a mile if someone started pointing a gun in their face - my reaction was to take the guy down except that I didn't realise that there were two of them.
    Hi all just a quick update. Sent my letter off almost 5 weeks to ask dwp for a manda try reconsideration, I got a message yesterday from yesturday saying they have recover it and will hear from them by post within 6 weeks.  Today I got a letter from jobcentre telling me have to go there next Tuesday for a meeting with a work coach. I have no idea what this.  It also says if I don't go there my ESA what I now have left of it will reduced. I don't have the money to get down there has dnot get paid till Friday next week only have £5 to live on till next friday.  I have no idea what to do. 
    tracy2244 said:
    Hi all just a quick update. Sent my letter off almost 5 weeks to ask dwp for a manda try reconsideration, I got a message yesterday from yesturday saying they have recover it and will hear from them by post within 6 weeks.  Today I got a letter from jobcentre telling me have to go there next Tuesday for a meeting with a work coach. I have no idea what this.  It also says if I don't go there my ESA what I now have left of it will reduced. I don't have the money to get down there has dnot get paid till Friday next week only have £5 to live on till next friday.  I have no idea what to do. 
    It seems like there's been a decision made on your ESA assessment. If it has and you were previously in the Support Group then the letter will be an appointment for a work focused interview, which means it sounds like the decision's been made and they've placed you into the WRAG rather than the Support Group. Very often letters like this are received before you receive the decision letter. I'd advise you to give ESA a ring and ask if a decision's been made on your ESA.
    Hi all. Hope everyone is well.  As you no was taken off pip in January sent a appeal letter to them on the 4th February. In the meantime I was sent for work coach programme 3 weeks at the JC. My work coach said I shouldn't be there and should be back on support group and was going to help me get my pip back. As of yet still not heard anything about my appeal but did get a e mail this morning from shaw trust saying they would like me do  a survey about the time I was with them. Dose this mean I have now been put back on support group and no longer with. Or is it just something they send if you are not it or not. Sorry if that sounds like a silly qestion but been streesd out so much over the couple months with waiting for a discussion about  my appeal I'm all over the place at the moment 
    edited May 2019
    Hi all hope everyone is ok. Update on my pip. Just got my MR letter after 4 months waiting, telling me I still can't have it back as again scored 0 in everything. So now having to go though a tribunal. 
Sign in or join us to comment.