Lcwra backdated pay - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra backdated pay

Options
124»

Comments

• spamdog
    spamdog Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    The claim is from the 7th august the first sick note is from 14th August 2018. Since then hes gone into work and back out. This time off since october 2019 lcwra awarded last week. X
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    2018? in a previous comment you said 2019. As it was last week he was awarded then he should receive the backdated money soon. He will just have to wait for that and if he thinks it's not correct please come back.

The ESA Support Group amount is paid from the 14th week of the claim, just so you're aware. Slightly different to UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • spamdog
    spamdog Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Sorry for the confusion, thanks for your help. I'll wait and see what happens x
  • glitchy
    glitchy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi, I have been accepted for the LCWRA, I’ve had my first payment and I’ve just been told I am going to get backpay, does anyone know roughly how long this takes to be paid? Thank you
  • poppy123456
    Options
    glitchy said:
    Hi, I have been accepted for the LCWRA, I’ve had my first payment and I’ve just been told I am going to get backpay, does anyone know roughly how long this takes to be paid? Thank you

It can sometimes take a few weeks because they need to recalculate the statements to know how much they owe you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • glitchy
    glitchy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    glitchy said:

It can sometimes take a few weeks because they need to recalculate the statements to know how much they owe you.
    My previous payments have already been readjusted on my journal to the higher amount, does this mean I should receive it fairly quickly?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    glitchy said:
    glitchy said:

My previous payments have already been readjusted on my journal to the higher amount, does this mean I should receive it fairly quickly?

Once payment has been made it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank, unless they make a fast payment and then it will be in on the same day. This is what they did for my daughter back in July.
  • onemillion
    onemillion Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hi I know this post was a while ago but wondered if someone could help me , my friend has just been awarded LCWRA we received the acceptance letter in his journal on the 22nd of February his first payment is always due on the 1st so it’s been included in his next payment , on his letter it’s says any money owed will show within 7 working days I’m just wondering if this still applies as nothing is showing up on his first payment , due to his condition he was handing in sick notes straight away his first was handed in 7th June 2019 right until now he was sent the paperwork for his assessment which was sent in November and had his meeting in February 2020 so 10 days from assessment his been awarded and first payment coming 1st March. Anyways is any money owed still I was thinking he would still be owed 4 months money but as I say nothing is showing on his first payment? Thanks any help appreciated
    Hi! I’m having the same issue at the moment I’ve had my first payment but no back pay just had the letter in my journal, can you tell me how long he waited to hear back about the back pay please?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi I know this post was a while ago but wondered if someone could help me , my friend has just been awarded LCWRA we received the acceptance letter in his journal on the 22nd of February his first payment is always due on the 1st so it’s been included in his next payment , on his letter it’s says any money owed will show within 7 working days I’m just wondering if this still applies as nothing is showing up on his first payment , due to his condition he was handing in sick notes straight away his first was handed in 7th June 2019 right until now he was sent the paperwork for his assessment which was sent in November and had his meeting in February 2020 so 10 days from assessment his been awarded and first payment coming 1st March. Anyways is any money owed still I was thinking he would still be owed 4 months money but as I say nothing is showing on his first payment? Thanks any help appreciated
    Hi! I’m having the same issue at the moment I’ve had my first payment but no back pay just had the letter in my journal, can you tell me how long he waited to hear back about the back pay please?

Hi,
    It can often take a few weeks. Whether you're owed any money will depend on what date exactly you reported your health condition and the dates of your assessment periods, or when you usually receive your payment each month. This is because there's a full 3 month waiting period and payment is then made from the 4th month of your claim.
  • onemillion
    onemillion Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options

Hi,
    It can often take a few weeks. Whether you're owed any money will depend on what date exactly you reported your health condition and the dates of your assessment periods, or when you usually receive your payment each month. This is because there's a full 3 month waiting period and payment is then made from the 4th month of your claim.
    Health change declared -12 March 2021
    Form sent for assessment-22 March 2021
    Assesment day- 08 Nov 2021
    Awarded LCWRA 10 Nov 2021
    Payday is 18th of every month 
    assesment period - 12th - 11th
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @onemillion thanks for that information. This means that your waiting period is March/April, April/May, May/June LCWRA starts from AP 12th June to 11 July, with first payment from 18th July. So they owe you 4 months of backdated money. Providing you weren't already assessed as having LCW and this wasn't a review.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.