bev59 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Bevers1959 Member Posts: 56 Connected
Hi ope u can help am having mandatory reconsideration, whilst on phone to dwp was advised that with evidence they have i should make a new claim, will i have another face to face thanks


  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,457 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes you will require another F2F acessment, focus on the descriptiors as to why you are unable to do them.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,239 Disability Gamechanger
    If you've recently been refused PIP then it's always better to request the MR then if this fails Tribunal. Starting a new claim using the same evidence you previously used will very often see you being refused again.
  • Bevers1959
    Bevers1959 Member Posts: 56 Connected
    Thanks all, dwp said because of the evidence they have recieved from physcologist concerning my health deteriorating, they said make new claim whilst awaitin mr
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,239 Disability Gamechanger
    Remember the 3 month rule for PIP. You must have had the condition for 3 months to qualify, this includes a worsening condition which means if your conditions haven't been worse for this length of time then DWP won't take it into consideration.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.