Greetings from the toilet lady!
Hello, my name is Sarah, I’m 31 and I’ve just joined the
forum. I returned to uni last September to complete my BA after a 4 year break
because of my health issues. I have a variety of chronic health conditions
including fibromyalgia, arthritis and dissociative seizure disorder as well as
depression and anxiety (it’s quite a list – I know).
I’ve joined today in the hope that some of you may be interested in helping me with my 3rd year anthropology project. I posted a discussion in the ‘events, research and opportunities’ group about my project but wanted to say hello here as I’m very new to all this and it seemed rude not to say Hello.
I’m interested in people’s experiences of using disabled public toilets; whether you ever get stopped or questioned for using them because you have a so called ‘invisible’ disabilities (my fibro isn’t very invisible to me!) Or if maybe you see a lot of non-disabled people using them?
If anyone would be interested in telling me about their experiences, whether you are disabled, a parent, a carer; please feel free to reply to me here or on the research group. I will not use ANY information in this thread or anywhere else on the forum without your express permission – If anyone wants to chat about any issues they’ve faced when using disabled public toilets but not want to have their words used in my project; that is absolutely fine.
[Removed by moderator] I know it can get a bit personal talking about toilets and I don’t want to make anyone embarrassed or uncomfortable.
I’m happy to chat about toilets if you are Just call me the toilet lady! - I prefer Sarah, but will answer to either
[Removed by moderator]
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments