Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Do I still need to send in a Fit note for my Partner?

AhhBistoAhhBisto Member Posts: 48 Courageous
Hopefully a straight forward question. 

My partners appointment was cancelled at the start of this month since they had enough medical information to do so. So I can only presume that they are putting her in the limited work and related activity group?

However one issue I've just realised, whilst we've received written information on the case being closed, they said it takes about a week to be updated by UC and we've heard nothing from them and I have updated the Journal asking for information.

Her first and current Fit note ends tomorrow, do we need to provide a new one for the period between now and the actual award being applied?


  • JCCJCC Member Posts: 38 Courageous
    AhhBisto, hello there.

    May I suggest that another note is sent in just to be on the safe side.  Experience has taught me to never presume anything epecially if you have not had recent communications.  Best wishes
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    I wouldn't presume anything until you have confirmation that a decision's been made. Once it's been made, if your partner is given either LCW or LCWRA then they won't have to send any further fit notes.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.