Do I still need to send in a Fit note for my Partner? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I still need to send in a Fit note for my Partner?

AhhBisto
AhhBisto Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
Hopefully a straight forward question. 

My partners appointment was cancelled at the start of this month since they had enough medical information to do so. So I can only presume that they are putting her in the limited work and related activity group?

However one issue I've just realised, whilst we've received written information on the case being closed, they said it takes about a week to be updated by UC and we've heard nothing from them and I have updated the Journal asking for information.

Her first and current Fit note ends tomorrow, do we need to provide a new one for the period between now and the actual award being applied?

Comments

• JCC
    JCC Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    AhhBisto, hello there.

May I suggest that another note is sent in just to be on the safe side.  Experience has taught me to never presume anything epecially if you have not had recent communications.  Best wishes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I wouldn't presume anything until you have confirmation that a decision's been made. Once it's been made, if your partner is given either LCW or LCWRA then they won't have to send any further fit notes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.