IS10 FORM — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

IS10 FORM

Bronwen
Bronwen Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello everyone. I would like to let you know that I received a letter on 21/02/19 requesting me to contact DWP pertaining to information they needed in regards to an IS10 form. I spoke to a lovely gentleman who filled out the form over the phone and he then told me it would take 6 days to process.  I burst out laughing as ALL my previous dealings with the DWP have been truly traumatic. He told me that I would qualify for something called Supreme Disability Premium, which meant that I would get an extra £64.30 pw, well I was surprised and thanked him for his help, but I wasn't going to hold my breath.
Well imagine the shock when I accessed my bank account this morning, for other reasons, to see that there were 3 transactions from ESA totalling a massive £12 387.20. 
I thought this had been an error and contacted them straight away. An error hadn't been made...it's real....it's mine and I still get a further £64.30 pw. This had been backdated from 2015. Your future benefits are not affected by this amount in your savings account as this is an official error, which is given a total disregard' Different rules apply if amount is under £5000.
Thank you to all of you have given advice. poppy123456 keep doing what you're doing. For any of you who are still waiting for a response or who have been let down TIME and TIME again, I will be praying for you and would say NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    That's fantastic news! It's called severe disability premium (SDP for short) and they are correct, it's disregarded for the life of your ESA claim. Which means providing you're claiming ESA that money is disregarded for savings.

Thank you also for the kinds words!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Great news bronwen but let's not go overboard your only getting what your entitled to at the end of the day 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.