PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP 10 YEAR LIGHT TOUCH?

tcellmutationtcellmutation Member Posts: 182 Pioneering
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hello, hope I’m posting this in the correct section. I’m expecting my 1 year review letter from DWP anytime now. My PIP claim is due to end March 22nd 2020. This would end my 4 year PIP award receiving enhanced/ enhanced. 

Below are some links to info i can muster up regarding the 10 year “light touch” awards for those on enhanced / enhanced PIP which would end the need for stressful reassments. I’m also aware that “light touch” hasn’t been fully outlined yet except for making sure the DWP have my correct bank details.

I have multiple health conditions that won’t improve and have been on PIP enhanced / enhanced for 5/6 years now.

Being on enhanced / enhanced (sorry for repeating) I’m thinking this could apply to me? 

Another reassessment letter could be in the post as I type this. It would just be comforting to not have that PIP clock ticking away in the back of my head. 

http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2018-1113/UIN_174062_-_Award_period_guidance_10.10.18.pdf

https://community.mssociety.org.uk/forums/everyday-living/dwp-new-pip-guidance

https://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-statement/Commons/2018-12-20/HCWS1224

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3857-dwp-begins-moving-existing-pip-claimants-to-10-year-light-touch-reviews

Thanks!

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's a lot of people that claim PIP and their conditions will never improve but they don't have 10 year awards with a light tough review.

When filling out your review form you need to put as much information about how your condition affect you as possible. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Treat it as a new claim, rather than just a simple review.

At the end in the more information box you can request an ongoing but you'll need evidence to prove your conditions won't improve. Also mention that if an ongoing award can't be given, what evidence did they use to justify the shorter award.

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Also to add to @poppy123456 said is worth noting. Poppy check youR PM...

Also to add as with the advice you've been given already. Also which is worth noting, the best way to fill your form is with short anecdotal sentences relevant to what you can and can't do, add the evidence which is of functional nature within your medical evidence, which relates to how your condition which best describe your disabilities or health condition(s) on a daily basis. Add diagnosis if you can, even having a diagnosis doesn't just automatically entitle you to ESA, or PIP. Your GP might or wouldn't know really how your day to day life is affected.

Im on a ongoing PIP with the so called light touch. Nothing has been published about it yet. To get that award I'm well and truly knackered and will never improve and was backed up with solid functional evidence.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• tcellmutationtcellmutation Member Posts: 182 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Thank you both for the detailed responses. I shall use this info to guide me through the next stage. Can I expect a letter now or could it be weeks, months down the line?

Also, is it worth phoning to prompt them?
    You will receive a review form anytime now. 14 days extension to return the form will be given if needed, all you need to do is ring and ask them.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    edited March 2019
    Also as poppy has said.

The form you should recieve very soon or in the next couple of weeks, then if you still haven't heard I would call them and ask when it's due, and the form is called an AR1 which is a renewal form, fill it in as if it was a new claim. Let us know how you get on. Good luck
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

Ok will do. Thank you.
    Another question to ask, thanks so much for this by the way. Shall I include new conditions and if so, shall I send all my diagnosis and letters, hospital appointments from my neurologists etc and how far back? I think I’ve read it’s 2 years. My ex wife used to take care of this. Got vast amounts of hospital appointments also. If I have to send both diagnosis and appointment letters I’m gunna need a bigger boat! Thanks

Future appointment letters aren't classed as evidence because it doesn't tell them anything about how your conditions affect you.

The evidence you should send should state how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.

You should tell them about all of your conditions when filling out the form and fill it out as advised above.

As for the 2 year rule, i've always ignored this but do remember the best advice anyone can give you is less is more. Too much evidence and there's a very high chance it won't all be read. You also need to be very careful that once piece of evidence doesn't contradict another.
    ilovecats said:
    Don’t send appointment letter, they are not helpful and just add unnecessary paperwork.
    Ok thank you
  • twonkertwonker Posts: 617 Member
    I was under the understanding that these 10 year awards would only be given to claimants who were suffering from serious deteriorating conditions such as Parkinsons and Motor Neurone Disease.
    twonker said:
    I was under the understanding that these 10 year awards would only be given to claimants who were suffering from serious deteriorating conditions such as Parkinsons and Motor Neurone Disease.
    You thought wrong. 10 years awards have also been given to other conditions if there's no chances of improved health in the future.
    edited March 2019
    ilovecats said:
    twonker said:
    If someone scores Enhanced-Enhanced and there is little chance of functional improvement then generally a 10 year review is given regardless of condition
    So surprised. I thought all of this kicked off with Parkinsons  and people being given short awards.
    So someone who has both a life limiting and deteriorating condition and is awarded enhanced/enhanced they should have been given a 10 year award? That doesn't fit in with a lady I know that had high/high DLA then was awarded enhanced/enhanced PIP yet was given a 3 year award and is currently going through a review and was awarded nothing for care and standard for mobility for 3 years. She is waiting for a Tribunal hearing. Is there a list of conditions that the 10 year award relates to?

She was diagnosed 18 months ago with final stage COPD amongst other debilitating conditions for over 10 years.
    edited March 2019
    Just a minor update. Called PIP this morning and was told instead of the renewal form being sent out to me 1 year early (March 22nd 2019) I’ll receive the form 6 before (September 22nd 2019). PIP end date March 22nd 2020)
  • cristobalcristobal Member Posts: 968 Disability Gamechanger
    @twonker - I haven't seen any guidance on 10 year awards but there is a list of conditions which wouldn't normally require a face to face assessment, assuming the level of disability claimed doesn't seem to be excessive.

The examples they give are:-

"Severe neurological conditions such as multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, severely disabling stroke..."
    edited March 2019
    Just a minor update. Called PIP this morning and was told instead of the renewal form being sent out to me 1 year early (March 22nd 2019) I’ll receive the form 6 before (September 22nd 2019). PIP end date March 22nd 2020)

@tcellmutation seems odd, if you look on your original award letter it should tell you when a review is likely.

At the moment you've said it's til 22nd of March 2020, if you look down the form it should state the date of 22nd March 2019.

So why the DWP are saying another six months 22nd September 19 before the end of your award does seems very odd.

As I know all 2,3,4,5 upto 10 year awards have a review date a year before, I would re phone the DWP again to definitely confirm that right.

The only awards that don't have an end date is an ongoing PIP award which I have and there is know end date on my letter.
    ⬇️

• cristobalcristobal Member Posts: 968 Disability Gamechanger
    @twanker - further to my post above I've had a look on the DWP website and can't find any mention of 10 year reviews, only 'no review required'. This is the guidance for that (updated November 2018)

1.10.3 The following are illustrative examples of when it may be appropriate to advise ‘no review required’:
    • no review required – ‘His learning disability has been present since birth and his functional limitations are unlikely to change now. He lives in supported accommodation and there has been no change to his functional ability in the last few years. A review is not likely to be considered necessary.’

• no review required – ‘The claimant has motor neurone disease with high levels of functional impairment in the daily living and mobility activities. He requires significant support from his carer and his needs are only likely to increase due to the progressive nature of his condition.’

edited March 2019
    cristobal said:
    @twonker - I haven't seen any guidance on 10 year awards but there is a list of conditions which wouldn't normally require a face to face assessment, assuming the level of disability claimed doesn't seem to be excessive.

"Severe neurological conditions such as multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, severely disabling stroke..."
    @cristobal let me explain regarding ongoing PIP awards I have have many severe and disabling conditions and which will never improve conditions.

They can be given for many, many conditions. I didn't have a face to face and I'm knackered in other words all my evidence and conditions prove o will neve get beter.

As you can see here. I don't need another review. I'm paralysed on my right side, Stage 3 COPD and many others.

⬇️

edited March 2019
    I have encephalitis which has caused damage to the right side of my brain. This will always be with me. It causes problems daily, motor skills, walking, falling, memory (that’s a biggy), type 1 diabetes, seizures, underactive thyroid, pernicious anemia. I know it’s not the conditions you have but how much toll they have on daily life. My toll is great and leads to enhanced / enhanced. What I am trying to achieve here is to lower the stress levels of the regular reviews. I will call them back at 16:00 and see if I get the same response.

Just to add add to this...my last award letter says “because your condition to unlikely to change I have extended your award and will not contact you before March 22nd 2019”

Weird!
    edited March 2019
    No disrespect @tcellmutation I've replied to your post about why you have been told you won't get a form till 22nd September 19. Please read the reply I've giving you above...

Now to your condition you need to show you meet those needs to recieve an ongoing award for PIP.

Follow my advice and explain and make sure you Medical evidence backed up by everything you say.

Also to add as with the advice you've been given already. Also which is worth noting, the best way to fill your form is with short anecdotal sentences relevant to what you can and can't do, add the evidence which is of functional nature within your medical evidence, which relates to how your condition which best describe your disabilities or health condition(s) on a daily basis. Add diagnosis if you can, even having a diagnosis doesn't just automatically entitle you to ESA, or PIP. Your GP might or wouldn't know really how your day to day life is affected.
    ⬇️

No disrespect @tcellmutation I've replied to your post about why you have been told you won't get a form till 22nd September 19. Please read the reply I've giving you above...

Now to your condition you need to show you meet those needs to recieve an ongoing award for PIP.

Follow my advice and explain and make sure you Medical evidence backed up by everything you say.

Okay great. I’ll call them back. Evidence isn’t a problem and never has been so that’s all 100% not an issue. I’m on first name basis with GP’s, Pharmacists, and Neurologists🤦‍♂️
    I have encephalitis which has caused damage to the right side of my brain. This will always be with me. It causes problems daily, motor skills, walking, falling, memory (that’s a biggy), type 1 diabetes, seizures, underactive thyroid, pernicious anemia. I know it’s not the conditions you have but how much toll they have on daily life. My toll is great and leads to enhanced / enhanced. What I am trying to achieve here is to lower the stress levels of the regular reviews. I will call them back at 16:00 and see if I get the same response.

Just to add add to this...my last award letter says “because your condition to unlikely to change I have extended your award and will not contact you before March 22nd 2019”

Weird!
    So @tcellmutation after 22nd March, so to me your due again for review around about NOW... as you say re phone to check.
    ⬇️

Okay great. I’ll call them back. Evidence isn’t a problem and never has been so that’s all 100% not an issue. I’m on first name basis with GP’s, Pharmacists, and Neurologists🤦‍♂️

@tcellmutation

Okay that's good.

Follow the rest I've given you and add your evidence in. But make sure it's not contradictory of each other.
    ⬇️

@tcellmutation I'm off now as I feel pretty rough and not with it and I never do to much on here as it's sometimes to hard for me to post as I can only talk to the computer or use my left hand only.

But it let us know how you get on with it all, and if you need further help just tag @poppy123456 and she will steer and guide you well, she knows a lot regarding these issues too.

Remember follow the advice we've given you and you should be fine. Good luck.
    ⬇️

edited March 2019
    cristobal said:

That's the one. Thanks. So it does mention the types of conditions that would attract a 10 year award. Totally understandable as with conditions like those anyone with any common sense will realise that you would only mean that the descriptors will always be matched.
    edited March 2019
    Just contacted PIP and they have confirmed my review date is 22nd of September 2019. I’m not sure why the review date is 6 months before and not 1 year but that’s correct. 
    Just contacted PIP and they have confirmed my review date is 22nd of September 2019. I’m not sure why the review date is 6 months before and not 1 year but that’s correct. 
    Maybe because the DWP are so overwhelmed with claims and reviews in not having the staff available to carry them out that they have pushed the review back 6 months? The DWP have readily accepted that they cannot even cope with the volume of PIP reviews for those over 65 so are intending to automatically give 10 year awards for everyone who is over 65. They have gone a step further and are intending to only give a 'light touch' at the 10 year point.
    edited March 2019
    This was 3 years ago but it’s a possibility. My letter does say that “you will not be contacted before March 22nd 2019”. Not sure if others have that wording in their award letters? This makes it even more stressful given what I am trying to achieve.
    I am now thinking that my review date has been extended 6 months to allow them more time to access my eligibility for the 10 year award thus avoiding unnecessary review forms and assessments. Just a thought
    I am now thinking that my review date has been extended 6 months to allow them more time to access my eligibility for the 10 year award thus avoiding unnecessary review forms and assessments. Just a thought
    I highly doubt that will be the reason because you didn't receive a 10 year award. To be honest i've never heard of them contacting anyone 6 months before an award is due to end before, as previously advised it's usually 1 year before.
    edited March 2019
    I highly doubt that will be the reason because you didn't receive a 10 year award. To be honest i've never heard of them contacting anyone 6 months before an award is due to end before, as previously advised it's usually 1 year before.
    I haven't received a 10 year award “yet”. It’s not been reviewed yet. This would allow them more time 

This doesn't make sense, sorry. You can't be reviewed without being sent the AR1 review forms because they're part of the review process.
    edited March 2019
    I have already been reviewed. I currently have a PIP award. It is due to end March 2020. The new 10 year light touch is to “stop” unnecessary reviews.

They will look at my current PIP benefit. See “enhanced / enhanced”. They'll Make a decision to see if I’m eligible for the 10 year award.
    If I am eligible they’ll contact me and inform me I don’t need to come in for another assessment.

Initially this light touch approach was only for new claims but now it has been extended to existing claims.

They won’t arrange another assessment and then make the decision in my case as they already have the paperwork.

”Newton added that work had now begun to identify existing claimants who should be covered by the ‘on-going award’ procedure:” - Jan 2019
    I have already been reviewed. I currently have a PIP award. It is due to end March 2020. The new 10 year light touch is to “stop” unnecessary reviews.

They will look at my current PIP benefit. See “enhanced / enhanced”. They'll Make a decision to see if I’m eligible for the 10 year award.
    If I am eligible they’ll contact me and inform me I don’t need to come in for another assessment.

Initially this light touch approach was only for new claims but now it has been extended to existing claims.

They won’t arrange another assessment and then make the decision in my case as they already have the paperwork.

”Newton added that work had now begun to identify existing claimants who should be covered by the ‘on-going award’ procedure:” - Jan 2019

Personally I would wait and see what they decide. The criteria is fairly strict as regards the 10 year award. If it was as simple as having the enhanced rate for both and having a stable condition/impact then almost everyone with that award and outlook would be getting it. If that is the case then we are almost back knocking on the door of DLA.
    I have a close friend who is 69 and receives enhanced for both and had a 3 year award in 2017. His condition is stable at the moment, it will never improve but will deteriorate over time. M/s Rudd said recently that all pensioners from Spring will not be retested until 10 years have elapsed despite the award given. He has just been sent a AR1 form for a review of his PIP after 2 years of being awarded it.

So much for what the government have said. 

edited March 2019
    Correct a 3 year award will be reviewed in 2, then if after that review he/she could get an ongoing award in enhanced is achieved as ive explained before on this topic many factors need to be taken into consideration before any ongoing award will or could happen.

⬇️

edited March 2019
    As I’ve stated many times that’s not happening in my case. No 1 year before form to fill out. In all fairness it’s all new even for you so any changes outside of the box that you haven’t seen before will throw you a little. Ill keep updating

I’ve already had enhanced / enhanced on two assessments now. 

edited March 2019
    As I’ve stated many times that’s not happening in my case. No 1 year before form to fill out. In all fairness it’s all new even for you so any changes outside of the box that you haven’t seen before will throw you a little. Ill keep updating
    Be interesting @tcellmutation as your be the first I've ever heard of being reviewed less than a year, in you case 6 months. I hope its not a disappointment for you. GL👍
    ⬇️

I feel like uploading a copy of my award letter and recording a phone call to PIP and posting it here :p
    edited March 2019
    I feel like uploading a copy of my award letter and recording a phone call to PIP and posting it here :p
    As I said my friend I'm ongoing PIP award and no I won't have the agro. If you've been told whatever by the DWP that's what it is? you've asked for information and I believe we've given you loads to be getting on with now it's a ball in your court now.

If you want to post it go for it if it makes you happy.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    ⬇️

edited March 2019
    Here’s the letter but the phone call maybe a bit too far :p 

Contacted PIP twice via phone which confirmed review date of September 22nd 2019. None of the advisers thought anything of it when questioning it. Then again, I guess that’s not their concern. 
    Yes @tcellmutation But my friend it's still states what we've said all along 22nd March 2019.

As ive said I'm not gonna say anymore you've had a phone call with the DWP I trust them phone calls with the contempt they deserve they will tell you anything and you have no proof what was said unless, I don't believe nothing unless it's in writhing. 
    ⬇️

edited March 2019
    By confirming the September date twice and not receiving a renewal letter adds a lot of weight.
    edited March 2019
    By confirming the September date twice and not receiving a renewal letter adds a lot of weight.
    @tcellmutation
    Gotta love your tenacity and the trust in the DWP. Not receiving an AR1 can also be an issue as the DWP could say they sent you one also as you've not received it dose t mean you will be okay. You will have to go with what feels right for you my friend and I hope it's what you expect.

I was on DLA indefinite and no face to face and moved over to PIP with no issues.

⬇️

Having an ongoing award must take a bit of weight off. I admire the time and effort you put into assist people on here. One day we will all be well
    Having an ongoing award must take a bit of weight off. I admire the time and effort you put into assist people on here. One day we will all be well

@tcellmutation I don't really spend much time on here, yes an ongoing award does but my health is not very good at all and will never improve, but I do a lot of campaigning for disabled organisations and have a few friends in high places.

Yes I can see you have a lot of issues with your health and I know an ongoing award would take pressure of you I appreciate that. I just hope the DWP aren't playing you ive seen and heard of some very awful cases.

Unfortunately I will never be well again I can assure you of that. I've made it my mission to help make a change for disabled people and get involved in all sorts of debates and state the facts as they are, the research I have to do within keeping up to speed with the latest policy's too it's hard work.

I do my little part time work in trying to make a change for the better.

⬇️

Okay I’ll keep my wits about me. Keep up the good work. A credit to all
    Okay I’ll keep my wits about me. Keep up the good work. A credit to all
    You do that and keep us informed @tcellmutation thanks for that👍

Just updated one of the DWPs latest scams and where fighting against it. See in my signature below.
    ⬇️

• FetlockFetlock Member Posts: 79 Courageous
    I did read something not long ago elsewhere about them going to change to reviewing cases six months before the end of awards. It looks like they've now rolled that out or are starting to.
    Correct a 3 year award will be reviewed in 2, then if after that review he/she could get an ongoing award in enhanced is achieved as ive explained before on this topic many factors need to be taken into consideration before any ongoing award will or could happen.

I agree but according to M/s Rudd she said that from this Spring no pensioner will be reviewed other than by a light touch after 10 years. The explanation given was that the DWP just don't have the staff to keep on reviewing those over state pension age. So why would my friend of 69 now be having a review of his PIP? My reckoning is that Spring is already here.

On the other hand it is always best to ignore what the government or ministers say as generally it never happens.
    edited March 2019
    twonker said:

I agree but according to M/s Rudd she said that from this Spring no pensioner will be reviewed other than by a light touch after 10 years. The explanation given was that the DWP just don't have the staff to keep on reviewing those over state pension age. So why would my friend of 69 now be having a review of his PIP? My reckoning is that Spring is already here.

On the other hand it is always best to ignore what the government or ministers say as generally it never happens.
    Perhaps because the review form and process for your friend was already being generated and was too far in the PIP process to stop the review form from being sent. These laws are very new.

Perhaps because the review form and process for your friend was already being generated and was too far in the PIP process to stop the review form from being sent. These laws are very new.
    I never thought of that, thanks. So the bad news for my friend is that he is going to have to go through with the review, the inevitable face to face assessment and wait another 12 months + before the Tribunal overturns the decision as he had to last time and the time before.
    That is really going to make his day when I tell him !!
    edited March 2019
    @tcellmutation and @twonker Also bear in mind as his award was already live and decided before these regulations came out and he may well have to go through this one more time,  and only then if he still fits the criteria and then he may get an ongoing award.

Trust me they did a similar idea with ESA in September 17 for those already in the Support Group and would have to have another assessment first. If they then fitted the criteria, again, then only then would be placed in the exception group.

As ive said on many time never believe what the DWP say, they made these changes to make them selfs look as if there doing something for the disabled....

Never trust a Tory..

⬇️

@tcellmutation and @twonker Also bear in mind as his award was already live and decided before these regulations came out and he may well have to go through this one more time,  and only then if he still fits the criteria and then he may get an ongoing award.
    From what I have read of M/s Rudd's statement having to have another assessment was never mentioned. Her words were that all pensioners will no longer have to undergo regular reviews, they will be given 10 year awards. That to me reads that all current awards irrespective of the length of it will automatically be extended to 10 years from date of the original decision. In other words a revision of the original decision.

Still I may well be wrong and as you say you cannot trust any of them.
    @twonker you know best, I'm not going to argue with you. You just wait and see what happens? Good luck.

I know how the DWP operates. Good day.

⬇️

• horishoris Posts: 23 Member
    Hello, hope I’m posting this in the correct section. I’m expecting my 1 year review letter from DWP anytime now. My PIP claim is due to end March 22nd 2020. This would end my 4 year PIP award receiving enhanced/ enhanced. 

Below are some links to info i can muster up regarding the 10 year “light touch” awards for those on enhanced / enhanced PIP which would end the need for stressful reassments. I’m also aware that “light touch” hasn’t been fully outlined yet except for making sure the DWP have my correct bank details.

I have multiple health conditions that won’t improve and have been on PIP enhanced / enhanced for 5/6 years now.

Being on enhanced / enhanced (sorry for repeating) I’m thinking this could apply to me? 

Another reassessment letter could be in the post as I type this. It would just be comforting to not have that PIP clock ticking away in the back of my head. 

http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2018-1113/UIN_174062_-_Award_period_guidance_10.10.18.pdf

https://community.mssociety.org.uk/forums/everyday-living/dwp-new-pip-guidance

https://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-statement/Commons/2018-12-20/HCWS1224

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3857-dwp-begins-moving-existing-pip-claimants-to-10-year-light-touch-reviews

Thanks!

Just an update. Called PIP just now and have been given 10 year PIP without a review!
    @twonker you know best, I'm not going to argue with you. You just wait and see what happens? Good luck.

I know how the DWP operates. Good day.

😁
    edited April 2019
    I think I’m very lucky to get this
    [Image removed by moderator]

I’ve read some horror stories of people worse off then me not even getting any points. I hope the system works for these people in the end
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,998

Scope community team

Hi @tcellmutation, that's great news, thank you for sharing it and updating us all. :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    edited April 2019
    [IMAGE REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

I’ve read some horror stories of people worse off then me not even getting any points. I hope the system works for these people in the end
    Unfortunately it doesn't. Some claimants despite their problems and issues will always have the cards stacked against them. Be it because they have little clue how to fill out the PIP2 form, not have a real clue what type of evidence to submit, be unable to put over their issues to the assessor/get a poor assessor, give up because of stress and fail at a Tribunal because of these problems they have as well as giving answers that are not relevant.
    edited April 2019
    twonker said:

[IMAGE REMOVED BY MODERATOR]
    Unfortunately it doesn't. Some claimants despite their problems and issues will always have the cards stacked against them. Be it because they have little clue how to fill out the PIP2 form, not have a real clue what type of evidence to submit, be unable to put over their issues to the assessor/get a poor assessor, give up because of stress and fail at a Tribunal because of these problems they have as well as giving answers that are not relevant.
    You have summed it up in the best way I have ever read. I have been in hospital for a few days with a flare up of encephalitis which in my case affects my central nervous system. My Sirolimus tablets have been upped. These are trial drugs in the field relating to my condition. They aren’t having much affect so it’s likely my consultants will change to another immunosuppressant in the coming weeks.

This maybe a useful website for some as it is for me.

https://www.neurosymptoms.org/welcome/4594357992

“Some people have troublesome systems that they wish to understand without necessarily having a ‘disorder’ - these are called functional neurological systems, and this site is for you too”
    That form (AR1) is the review form that everyone gets who is receiving a PIP award which is up for review. It is not the type of document that should be used for the light touch of a 10 year award. 
    Put it bluntly I doubt that many pensioners current aged 71, and will get reviewed at ages 81 & 91 who are receiving PIP will have the ability to fill that lengthy form out. The 10 review is likely to be in letter form asking if there are any improvements to the health & impact.
    twonker said:
    That form (AR1) is the review form that everyone gets who is receiving a PIP award which is up for review. It is not the type of document that should be used for the light touch of a 10 year award. 
    Put it bluntly I doubt that many pensioners current aged 71, and will get reviewed at ages 81 & 91 who are receiving PIP will have the ability to fill that lengthy form out. The 10 review is likely to be in letter form asking if there are any improvements to the health & impact.
    Ok my bad. More research to do before posting. Thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited April 2019
    I wish they'd leave me alone for 10 years lol. It's good to see something positive. I'm on enhanced/enhanced but the last assessor suggested they check on me in 5 years to "make sure she's getting the correct care".
    What condition/s do you have? (I know it about how they affect you and not the condition itself)

5 years is good but as with the other awards they will send forms out after 4 years.

With my 10 year award it says they will not contact me until after 2029 so it’s a true 10 years!
    edited April 2019
    I have been diagnosed by a psychiatrist with significant anxiety (agoraphobia) and depression but a therapist I saw for CBT said something about social anxiety and I was also diagnosed with fibro (wasn't diagnosed with fibro when I first applied). My Son pretty much does everything around the home, comes everywhere with me, I feel like a pain in the bum most of the time, I feel like I should be looking after him, not the other way around. My Mum also helps us.

edited April 2019
    @twonker  

@WF2k

On your statement of entitlement letter does it show the breakdown of the points you have been awarded?

My statement of entitlement letter is 2 pages, front and back showing all descriptors and points.

I need to renew my CEA cinema card and they want me to upload the statement of entitlement letter as proof of my disability benefit. This information is very personal to send.

On previous statement of entitlement letters it only shows my entitlement and award dates.
    Unfortunately in common with many companies such as the railways, if you want the discount then you have to follow their rules.
    I agree it can be intrusive but there is not much you can do about it.
    Yes it shows the breakdown of points.

I had another home assessment on the 4th.. ugh.
    twonker said:
    Unfortunately in common with many companies such as the railways, if you want the discount then you have to follow their rules.
    I agree it can be intrusive but there is not much you can do about it.
    Ok, at least it’s normal practice, from my old award letter at least.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,574 Disability Gamechanger
    Answered on other thread.
    Answered on other thread.
    Link?
    edited March 21
    Dont know what your on about people who have 10 year awards dont have assessment I know that for a fact. 

We all know that now fella. 2 year old thread
    What you mean and last time I have always had a 10 year award and all that happend was that I received a letter of my new award still the same money enhanced rate of daily living component 
    Edit your above comment. I cannot understand it. Not being funny. Sorry.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,574 Disability Gamechanger
    Nevertheless it remains the case that DWP can review at any time regardless of award length.
This discussion has been closed.