Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
How long a waiting time for decision?
Just looking for some advice, my son who has asphergers syndrome has been declared unfit for work by his GP. He currently gets high rate PIP after a medical I was made his appointee. I claimed UC for him for last year but was sent for medical (GP has provided 2 sick notes for 6 month each). I am his main carer, medical very stressful for him outwith normal routine!! And previously done for PIP. DWP for some reason although have copy of my apointeeship can’t find on records anymore?? Can anyone tell me procedure for waiting time for decision and if any and how long backdated money is for? Having spoken to DWP had conflicting advice and I’m totally lost & really worried financially as I don’t work being his main carer. Please any advice for stressed mum of 17 soon to be 18 yr old son.
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 154 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 793 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 705 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.