HELP !!! ESA claim — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

HELP !!! ESA claim

Hi There, I have just had a phone call to tell me my claim for E.S.A  has stopped due to me failinf the capability for work assessment (Medical), as apparantley I scored none of hte required 15 points!!
Can someone tell me whether all the questions i answered particularly  the mobility question, have to be answered not taking into account any medication I am taking.
I.E at the assessment I was asked about walking distances and I answered  based on the fact that I am taking daily pain relief- prescribed Oramorph and Tramadol and mefenamic acid with cocodamol/paracetomal/ibuprofen thrown in for good measure. So yes at times I am more capable of walking than others depending on pain control,
I am beginning to think i should have answered all questions based on having no pain control,would that be correct
Many thanks
Steve

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.