Aids — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Aids

brad72
brad72 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hia all, i was just wondering if my care link for my seizures would score me points as an aid and i also use a kettle tipper in my kitchen as i have scalded my self many times, also i have had a key safe fitted outside my front door for emergancy services to gain entry as i live alone and recently i have been referred to an incontinance clinic by my surgery as i suffer from incontinence alot due to my seizures which are every day inwhich i have been supplied incontinence pads on a daily basis, any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Aids that are clearly needed and not a choice would be taken into account only if they fit one of the descriptors. 
  • InShock
    InShock Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    I am not sure about all of the things you have mentioned but I am fairly confident that Incontinence pads are classed as an aid.
  • brad72
    brad72 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    I have no warning before a seizure and my carelink is a life saver, i sometimes go into status epilepticus and with me living on my own i need my emergency medication which obviously i cant administer my self. It costs between 40 to 50 pence everytime it is used so at the moment my dla is covering the cost i have seizures between 1 to 2 times a day. Also i have had an adapted shower put in by my local council due to how bad my seizures are, can anyone tell me if my perching stool and my shower chair which have also been supplied will just score me 2 points or do they award more i also have a support rail fitted in the shower as well.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.