Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
How do I support my daughter after college was too much?
I'm so worried about my daughter she had a diagnosis of autism after being kicked out of school and getting sent to a pupils refural unit she left there and went to an art college where she had a support worker she has a talent for making things with clay she has a lot of sensory needs and had her hoood up all day long in college which they didn't approve of and she keeept getting told to take it off time and time again she couldn't handle it and left she's now 18 gets pip allowance doesn't leave the house and has developed ocd and cleans none stop I'm an older mum 56 and I haven't a clue how to help her she stopped going to camms and is in denial of everything anyone in similar position please
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.