Hi, my name is glitterygutsx! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is glitterygutsx!

glitterygutsx
glitterygutsx Community member Posts: 23 Courageous

I am Alannah-Jayne A.K.A Glitterygutsx. I talk about auto immune diseases, disabilities, breaking stigmas and sharing peoples stories on my blog at https://alannahjaynesblog.com/

I Suffer from Crohn’s Disease and have a Permanent Ileostomy, Pelvic/Perineal/Vaginal Crohn’s Disease, an Incisional Hernia, Behcets Disease (Vasculitis), Sciatica, Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Arthritis, Asthma, Hypermobility Syndrome, Pernicious Anemia, Anxiety, OCD, PTSD and Depression. I have been doing a lot in the IBD and Ostomy Community to help raise awareness and provide support, I volunteer For Crohns and Colitis UK Aberdeenshire and Colostomy UK. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @glitterygutsx welcome to the community !wow, you're doing some amazing stuff! How long have you been blogging? :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @glitterygutsx

Good Evening & Welcome ??

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

“Wow”

You are very very busy bee ??

Please please let me know if you need a hand ? getting around????

@steve51
  • glitterygutsx
    Hiya! Thankyou very much! 

Ahh awesome! 

I am indeed! I'm always doing something lol! 

Thankyou :) 
  • glitterygutsx
    Ami2301 said:
    Hi @glitterygutsx welcome to the community !wow, you're doing some amazing stuff! How long have you been blogging? :) 
    Thankyou! That's so kind! 

I've been blogging since 2015! 
  • Ami2301
    Have you enjoyed your blogging journey? I started my blog back in Octiber last year and I love it!
  • glitterygutsx
    Ami2301 said:
    Have you enjoyed your blogging journey? I started my blog back in Octiber last year and I love it!

I absolutely love it! I love sharing people's stories and doing research and learning new things! I also blog for stoma companies too and two magazines! 

Oh what is your blog? I'd love to check it out! 

-A
  • Ami2301
    UndercoverSuperhero :) that's awesome! I will check out your blog later as I'm currently writing a round-up of May :)
  • glitterygutsx
    Had a read through and have subscribed to you :) I also use wordpress! Aww thankyou that's so sweet! 

-A
  • Ami2301
    Thank you and I've also subscribed to you blog, am hoping to go sef-hsted later this year as can't afford it at the moment. Had a quick look at you're and it looks very glittery! :)
  • glitterygutsx
    Aww thankyou! What is that? Never heard of it before! 

Hehe that's what I have been aiming for :P 

• Ami2301
    Self-hosted? I think it's like you have full control over your website/blog. Customise it however you want. Install plug-ins, etc. I'm sure @Chloe_Scope will be able to tell you a bit more as she recently went co-hosted with her blog :)
  • glitterygutsx
    Ahh yeah I know what you mean now! You are right - bloody expensive! 

Future goals though! 

-A
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @glitterygutsx! Just wanted to say welcome to the community. Have you been volunteering for Crohns and Colitis UK long?
    If you need anything at all or need any advice, don't hesitate to ask! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • glitterygutsx
    Hello @glitterygutsx! Just wanted to say welcome to the community. Have you been volunteering for Crohns and Colitis UK long?
    If you need anything at all or need any advice, don't hesitate to ask! :smile:

Aww thankyou Adrian! 

Not very long, as there isn't much support in the North East of Scotland, we are currently trying to get numbers of people up and when events happen etc then I will be part of those! Thankyou so much! :) 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Awesome to hear @glitterygutsx. I hope it grows quickly! Please let us know how you get on. :)

As it happens, Sam from our community team (she's unfortunately off work recovering from surgery at the moment) recently took part in the #ItTakesGuts campaign. What a small world!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @glitterygutsx,
    Welcome to the Community.  It is lovely to meet you.  Your blog looks really interesting.  I too live in Scotland.  Please let us know if we can be of further help to you.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • glitterygutsx
    Ails said:
    Hi @glitterygutsx,
    Welcome to the Community.  It is lovely to meet you.  Your blog looks really interesting.  I too live in Scotland.  Please let us know if we can be of further help to you.  All the best.  :smile:
    Hiya! Lovely to meet you too and a fellow scot! I wonder if we are close! I'm in the North East. 

Aww thankyou that's so lovely! Same goes to you! <3 
  • glitterygutsx
    Awesome to hear @glitterygutsx. I hope it grows quickly! Please let us know how you get on. :)

As it happens, Sam from our community team (she's unfortunately off work recovering from surgery at the moment) recently took part in the #ItTakesGuts campaign. What a small world!
    Thankyou! 

Aww noway that's awesome! Please pass on my get well wishes to Sam. A small world indeed! 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @glitterygutsx,
    Thank you for that.  How are you this evening?  I live in the South West of Scotland.  I have been to the North East many times.  Beautiful up there!  Lovely to speak to you.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • glitterygutsx
    Ails said:
    Hi @glitterygutsx,
    Thank you for that.  How are you this evening?  I live in the South West of Scotland.  I have been to the North East many times.  Beautiful up there!  Lovely to speak to you.  :smiley:
    You are welcome! I'm very tired its been such a busy day with my first day at work then going to the skip,helping my mum then coming home and cleaning and then doing a blog piece and a design for someone! Been sat with my hot water bottle most of the night! 

Aww how beautiful! I have been down that way a few times too! But the North of Scotland up by Ullapool and Oban is truly my favourite places to visit! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.