PIP decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP decision

Options
kano7481
kano7481 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,

Today my sister recieved the decision letter for PIP , she was awarded enhaced moblity scoring 16 points and nothing for daily living scoring only 6 points , my sister suffer from epilepsy she have unwarned tonic colonic seizures almost every day , she needs continuous supervision and help for everything , she was always awarded dla high care for more than 10 years.
The DM say she have to wear a padded helmet when going to the toilet so when she fall she will not get harmed when she hit her head by the sink again ( because this incident happend to her before ) , and wear a helmet and knee protection so when she have a seisure and fall will not get hurt , and that the presence of someone will not avoid seizures anyway so she doesnt need supervision , are this reasons logic or a nonsense ?
We have asked for a copy of the assessment report as it seems there is some lies and some twisting and missing information like they say she can eat without supervision because she never had shocking incident but during the assessment my sister said yes I had many seizure during eating and shocked by food.
She wants to know please if she ask for mandatory reconsideration they will look again for both components or only the daily living ? As she doesnt want to lose the mobility award.

Thank you

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @kano7481
    Does your sister need someone to get her up off the floor after a seizure? If so you could point this out at Mandatory Reconsideration It May get you the extra couple of points you need but there are no guarantees.
      Good luck Debsidoo.x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes when requesting the MR they will look at the whole award again. No one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risks to her current award when requesting the MR.

If she decides to request it then she needs to put it in writing stating where she thinks she should have score those points and her reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to her.

This link will tell you what's in your area for face to face advice.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kano7481
    Options
    debsidoo said:
    Hi @kano7481
    Does your sister need someone to get her up off the floor after a seizure? If so you could point this out at Mandatory Reconsideration It May get you the extra couple of points you need but there are no guarantees.
      Good luck Debsidoo.x
    Thank you for your reply, yes she needs help after seizure to get her up and help walking as she become very weak , feel pain ,confused and semi conscious , and need help change her clothes as she wet herself during seizures.
  • kano7481
    Options
    Hi,

Yes when requesting the MR they will look at the whole award again. No one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risks to her current award when requesting the MR.

If she decides to request it then she needs to put it in writing stating where she thinks she should have score those points and her reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to her.

This link will tell you what's in your area for face to face advice.

Thank you for all the details and advices.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.