when your at your lowest, then read
A soldier with PTSD fell into a hole and couldn’t get out. When a SNCO walked by the Soldier called out for help, but the SNCO yelled back, "Suck it up son, digdeep and drive on," then threw him a shovel. The Soldier did as he was told and dug that hole deeper.
A Senior Officer went by and the Soldier called out for help again. The Officer told him "use the tools your SNCO has given you", then threw him a bucket. The Soldier used the tools and he dug the hole deeper still and filled the bucket.
A psychiatrist walked by. The Soldier called, “Help! I can’t get out!” so the psychiatrist gave him some drugs and said, "Take this. It will relieve the pain and you will forget about the hole.” The Soldier said "thanks" and followed his advice, but when the pills ran out he was still in the hole.
A well-known psychologist rode by and heard the Soldiers cries for help. He stopped and asked, “How did you get there? Were you born there? Did your parents put you there? Tell me about yourself, it will alleviate your sense of loneliness.” So the Soldier talked with him for an hour, then the psychologist had to leave, but he said he’d be back next week. The Soldier thanked him, but he was still in the hole.
Another Soldier , just like him, happened to be passing by. The Soldier with PTSD cried out, “Hey, help me. I’m stuck in this hole!” and right away the other Soldier jumped down in there with him. The Soldier with PTSD started to panic and said, “What are you doing? Now we’re both stuck down here!” But the other Soldier just smiled and replied, “It’s okay, calm down, brother. I’ve been here before..... I know how to get out.”
No matter what you're going through, you are never alone.
But don't be too proud to SHOUT OUT!, 'HELP I'm stuck in this Hole' …...
We all get stuck in a hole from time to time but all it takes is to ask your mates for help and we will be there even if we have to jump in that hole with you.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments