Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
How do I found voluntary work?
Hi all, I haven't posted much since I joined, because I've been suffering with my symptoms. For the past 6 or so months I have been trying to find voluntary work, using a government agency, they've been slowing the process so much so I been put in a depressive state. Because I have 3 illnesses which are inextricably connected, ankylosing spondolitis, brain stem damage and c-ptsd, it's difficult to find appropriate suitable voluntary work without help. Maximus who were supposed to help have slowed down my progress, I have experience working in A and E have experience in the building trade and retail yet maximus have for the past 6 months prevented me moving forward. Is there any organisation I can contact that could help me in finding suitable voluntary work? It would help enormously to be able to utilise my abilities, thank you.
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 659 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 926 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 587 Chronic pain and pain management
- 649 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 703 Autism and neurodiversity
- 847 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.