PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip Tribunal

Toewills1965Toewills1965 Member Posts: 3 Connected
Hi 
I am new to this group 😁
After 2 and a half years I finally attended my tribunal today, my lower rate mobility was stopped following a review by Capita. I was not informed of the decision and only found out when I quiried my bank 6 months later. I contacted PIP who informed me it had been stopped, it took me 10 months to get the appeal form from them and I then waited a further 12 months for my tribunal. The tribunal has left me slightly confused as I was expecting a decision, but they have said they will  write to me, I know feel I have not won and they would rather tell me by letter. Has anyone had good news via letter?
Thsnk you. 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Sometimes it's not possible to make a decision on the day of the hearing, if this happens they usually write to you within a couple of days with the decision.

It doesn't mean you weren't successful. Lots of people post here asking the same question, then receive a letter a couple of days later saying they won their Tribunal. Sometimes we hear stories of those that weren't successful but it's certainly doesn't mean you lost.

Hopefully you'll receive that decision very soon. Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Toewills1965Toewills1965 Member Posts: 3 Connected
    Thank you, I will let you know the outcome. 

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,924

Scope community team

Hello @Toewills1965 and a warm welcome to the community. :)
    As Poppy advised, lots of people do receive positive outcomes via letter so please don't worry. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • Toewills1965Toewills1965 Member Posts: 3 Connected
    Hi 
    We received the letter this morning and it was good news 😊
    Thanks for the support. 
Sign in or join us to comment.