Pip Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Tribunal

Toewills1965
Toewills1965 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
Hi 
I am new to this group ?
After 2 and a half years I finally attended my tribunal today, my lower rate mobility was stopped following a review by Capita. I was not informed of the decision and only found out when I quiried my bank 6 months later. I contacted PIP who informed me it had been stopped, it took me 10 months to get the appeal form from them and I then waited a further 12 months for my tribunal. The tribunal has left me slightly confused as I was expecting a decision, but they have said they will  write to me, I know feel I have not won and they would rather tell me by letter. Has anyone had good news via letter?
Thsnk you. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Sometimes it's not possible to make a decision on the day of the hearing, if this happens they usually write to you within a couple of days with the decision.

It doesn't mean you weren't successful. Lots of people post here asking the same question, then receive a letter a couple of days later saying they won their Tribunal. Sometimes we hear stories of those that weren't successful but it's certainly doesn't mean you lost.

Hopefully you'll receive that decision very soon. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Toewills1965
    Thank you, I will let you know the outcome. 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Toewills1965 and a warm welcome to the community. :)
    As Poppy advised, lots of people do receive positive outcomes via letter so please don't worry. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Toewills1965
    Hi 
    We received the letter this morning and it was good news ?
    Thanks for the support. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.