Introducing Parents Connect
Today we welcome Parents Connect to the community. Parents Connect is a six-week support programme that aims to offer parents of disabled children the opportunity to meet and talk with other parents in a local social setting, as well as providing information to help in the ongoing support of their children.
Meet the team:
@Katy_Scope said:My name is Katy, I am the Parents Connect Team Leader for London at Scope. The aim of Parents Connect is for parents of disabled children to build a support network, build resilience and learn useful information along the way. Parents Connect runs for six weekly two hour sessions in a London venue (we will run several in different areas).
I have worked for Scope since February 2017, I have a passion for inclusion, equality and standing up for people’s rights. Prior to working at Scope I worked for four years at a social integration charity as an Associate Manager in the Inclusion Team, making reasonable adjustments and supporting disabled people to become more independent and reach their full potential.
Please join us in welcoming Katy and Erika to the community. I'm sure they'll be a fantastic source of support to our parents in the months ahead.@Erika_scope said:
My name is Erika and I am the Course Facilitator for Parents Connect. Parents Connect will help build parents’ resilience, self-worth and connect each other in order to build a community and reduce isolation. I am Italian and I am also a mother of a boy who is in the autistic spectrum.
Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments