Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hello my name is Marc. I have had psoriatic arthritis for eleven years. I tried various treatments for five years but it seems the standard methotrexate/leflunomide meds make me ill but did little to my condition. I was wrecked by them and now just try to cope with pain meds including fentanyl patches. My mobility is very poor and I can no longer hold a full cup of tea or cut up food for example. I am good at living with the pain but I do miss being active. I have a number of other conditions such as diabetes which I am told I manage very well. My latest problem is a feeling of vulnerability. I am coming up to 61 and I used to practice martial arts for over 45 years. Now I feel vulnerable. I have been having problems with a neighbour who has started throwing things into my garden. My wife had a mini stroke 4 years ago and frankly we dont need this childish nonsense. It wouldn't be so bad but my neighbour is my age! I am told this is a disability hate crime. ( there is more going on than just the rubbish his whole attitude is very belligerent) when I was more able bodied he was much more amenable. Well that's all for now and thank you for indulging me.
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 748 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.