Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Getting to know you
- What’s something bad thats happened to you that has made you stronger? For me personally I spent a lot of time in my 20s in hospital unwell with an undiagnosed health condition, it also brought on mental health difficulties but I got better after a long time by percervering, hardwork, keeping strong and found a medication that was right for me and now although I'm still ill but I haven't been in hospital for a long stay for over 2 years. I now finally have a diagnosis, which is a rare disease but I've learned how to manage things by myself. I found reading helped me alot and creative writing and drawing because alot of the time I am unable to go out due to being on alot of medication and in pain but apart from that I have stayed strong and positive and I found talking to a person you can trust and understands how it feels can make you feel and realise you are not alone. There's always someone to talk to. That's why I am so happy I found this online community with scope and it gives me the opportunity to share my experiences, and support others ?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 924 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.