Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Dla ending just been told to apply for pip
Hi all. I'm feeling sick today. I have just called pip line to apply for pip as I have been told my indefinite dla award will end on 31st of this month. I'm dreading this so much. I have a mobility car which is my lifeline. I am terrified of being turned down for pip. There are so many stories of people getting refused pip afte originallyr receiving dla at highest rates indefinitely. Can anyone advise me at all 're what to be putting on my forms. I have spinal cord injury called Cauda Equina syndrome.Cervical Transverse myelitis. Peripheral neuropathy.Pernicious anaemia. Hypothyroidism. Depression.chronic pain in back pelvisand limbs . Crohns disease.oesophagal HERNIA requiring resection surgery....currently awaiting date for surgery for trapeziectomy following a fall downstairs.GORD. arthritic spine disc degeneration. Foot drop. neurogenic bowel and bladder requiring self catheterization for both. I cant get oit without my car. Im so dependant for all my appts and shopping and seeing family. I'm so worried I'll be refused and lose my car and then I'll be isolated and I don't know who to get help from. I'm under lots of clinics should I put them all on pip2 form?. What are other people's experiences please . Can you share them tia ? Heidi x
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.