How to access help - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to access help

Options
2»

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hello @Anonnymouse   Sorry to hear what you been through.  

Know you come to the right place.  We are here to help.

I apologise if any links that were provided did not help.  How can we as community advise be supportive ?.

Just let you know had been in control of a family member who was domineering and patronising and every thing was her rules.

Lot of physical and mental problems.

I also have hearing loss and do myself find it a struggle to communicate by phone use Email or text.

I do understand what it like we have many members who are similar and have experiences .

You wish to contact by Email any of the links we have provided have Email.  Including the one I sent.  The mental health charity.  Be on the webpages you need to look.

Also please can I suggest if your having problems with Council services or your GP .  Over access to the right support and care.

I would consider looking at an advocate.  Charity called RETHINK.

https://www.rethink.org.uk.  I think this might be something to look at.

Advocates are people nominated by you.  To represent you at meetings.  Your Doctor or any appointment to do with mental health.

They usually meet up with you before hand discuss anything.  Before any meeting s with health professionals.

I used them for my issues I had with some mental health services .

Will have Email as well.

I understand have communication issues as I do now right it down what I need.

Does help.

I can feel the frustration and angry. Please can I add please do not be rude or abusive to members of our community.

We are trying to help you.

If I can help always here to listen. You should not have to suffer. I got the help and support I need.

It is a struggle but please say what you want from any service. This is what happens now.

For every one person leaves a service.  Ten or more could replace that person.

My former support worker had fifteen clientele a fortnight trying to fit in time for every one.

I would get texts around early morning usually 8.30 got emails around 9 at night.

Sometimes.  Not rare but common.

So if you have any problems or issues you need to write them down a lot easier trust me.  Please can I ask you to read this thank you.  

I am truly sorry what has happened to you but the mental health issues you have if they need addressing.  They will no matter how painful and emotive they can be.

I wish you well .

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Anonnymouse
    Anonnymouse Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Was under rethink but as unable to say what we need was discharged. 

No one grasps we don't know ...

We just know it shouldn't be like this. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Anonnymouse   Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry this is happening.

There has to be answers out there.  

I know talking about what has happened to you is the hardest thing and aspect of your life. I do understand that.

As it is still mentally scarred now.  Still talk about this taken me a long time.  Years and years of not discussing this.

Being disbelieved and no one understood.

There are charities that deal with abuse on line.  Is it possible for you to contact them.

Have you any time contacted them.? Remember this is not ever your fault .

I am here to help.

I can try and find out for you if you so wish any of them.

You should be able to contact them by Email.

Hope that helps.

Take care, keep in touch.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Anonnymouse
    Anonnymouse Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Don't find. Hard to talk about it at all. It normal. Have nothing to compare it to and if they would take us back would go back in s heartbeat. At least we had something. We mattered. We had value. That life was way better than this one.

You say we were being rude and abusive ? Nope. Nor are we angry. Don't do angry. But if that's how we've come across we apologize and will not respond anymore. 
    Thanks everyone for their time but we can't stay somewhere where we are rude and abusive. 

Take care.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.