Pip due to end feb 2020 - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip due to end feb 2020

Options

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem @anthonyj1! I hope you can get them fixed soon! :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good luck with your claim @anthonyj1. Let us know how you get on. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • anthonyj1
    anthonyj1 Community member Posts: 115 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you chloe and adrian will keep u updated xx
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    Hi there everyone do they do a mental test at pip home assessments does anyone know? And if so what do they consist of? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Options
    If they do it will be simple things like adding or subtracting 2 simple numbers, spelling a word backwards or telling you some words and then asking you to remember them in the same order. The first 2 are what they ask a lot of people. For my daughter they asked 3 of them and she got them all wrong.

A home assessment is the same as one in an assessment centre. The only difference is it's in the comfort of your own home.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    Thanks poppy, if i cant do it will it cause me problems and if i can do it will it cause me problems? Thanks again for your advice x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.

I would say the majority of people can do the simple maths one and spell a simple word backwards, unless they have a learning disability. I'm not even sure why they ask those questions for some people, i was asked the same 2 questions and i claim for a physical disability, so it was pointless.

I realise how worrying these assessments are but try not to look into it too much (easier said than done i know) because it will only make you worse.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    Aww im feeling dreadful about it, ive never been good with maths and have to write things down, cant do it in my head so really worried about thar and also worried that i drive short journeys to my mums, sisters when i go to stay with them poppy, its the only bit of independence i have and dont want it taken away from me, ive seen all sorts of horror stories. I think ive lost over a stone with all this, just cant cope with it and crying all the time  poppy, my mental is never good and this is worsening it but thanks again poppy xx
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    My mental health i meant to say
  • cbrb7565
    cbrb7565 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hi, sorry I'm new to site but was wondering why do you not get a renewal if you win at appeal
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    Hi there, cbrb, ive not been throigh an appeal, irs a review/renewal
  • cbrb7565
    cbrb7565 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hi, thanks for replying. Ive never posted on sites before and I was hoping for advise from poppy who advised you earlier but I think I posted wrong?! How did you get in touch with poppy as she seems very knowledgeable about review process, any help would be much appreciated thanks.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    cbrb7565 said:
    Hi, thanks for replying. Ive never posted on sites before and I was hoping for advise from poppy who advised you earlier but I think I posted wrong?! How did you get in touch with poppy as she seems very knowledgeable about review process, any help would be much appreciated thanks.
    Question answered here on your other thread. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/64457/tribunal-win-why-no-review#latest

• anthonyj1
    Options
    Hi everybody and hi to cbrb7565 , yes poppy is very knowledeable hope u got the info u needed. Just an update and hopefully some advice from poppy. I received a home assessment appointment  for the 28th oct but this morning received txt message stating

We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 6 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.

Does this mean theyve completed a paper based assessment poppy? Im confused x
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @anthonyj1. If you've got an appointment date for a home assessment it would seem strange they have now done a paper-based assessment. It might be best for you to give them a call. If they have done a paper-based assessment they will be able to provide you with a copy of the assessment report. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    The citizens advice have rang both today and they said independant assessors relooked and they said it could be paper based so sent to dwp decision maker. They told the cab that a reporr wasnt conpleted as they wasnt seeing amanda  f2f??
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As you received a text message from DWP saying they've received the written report then a paper based assessment has been complete. You can ring DWP to request a copy of that report and that will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    Thanks poppy once again for your advice xx
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    And thanks adrian
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. Do let us know the outcome. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.