Pip due to end feb 2020 - Page 9 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip due to end feb 2020

Options
12345679»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Laurie2 said:
    Hi poppy I've sent my application in for pips it's paper based they have requested medical evidence or whatever it is of my gp which he sent I don't really know if they will still want me in for face to face though they said it was going to be paper based on the phone but waiting to be reviewed by a member of the assessment team I sent my forms on the 23rd of Jan and got the text saying if they need anymore information they will be in touch, on the 10th of February I received that text do you know how long it would roughly take and is getting a paper based always a good result iv suffered depression for many years with alot of suicide attempts and anxiety attacks all the time I just don't know what why this will work I'm not really good at understanding things in writing I use Google alot to spell words

HI and welcome,

There's no timescales. Sometimes they still require a face to face assessment even if a paper based assessment has been mentioned. It really depends whether they have enough of information to do a paper based assessment. Most people have face to face assessments but a paper based one is possible.

Unfortunately, all you can do is wait. If a paper based is completed then you'll receive a text saying the report has been returned to DWP. Otherwise, you'll receive a letter for a face to face assessment.

As you only returned the form on 23rd January then you haven't really been waiting that long so far.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Laurie2
    Laurie2 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Options
    I rang up today the got information off my doctor was a nice guy on the phone told me not to worry they won't need to contact me it will be sent to a decision maker as all my medical evidence is there thank you just waiting for the response will they send a text or in a letter if rewarded or when making the decision 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Decisions are not sent by text, it will be a letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Laurie2
    Options
    OK is it a text first then a decision sorry I'm so dumb I know but thank you for the time with responding 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They send a text to say they've received the report. They may send a text to say they have everything they need to make a decision (i can't actually remember for sure whether they do this) but they do send a letter saying they have everything they need to make a decision.

They don't send a text to say a decision's been made. They just send you the decision letter and that's it.
  • Laurie2
    Options
    Poppy I appreciate the speedy response thank you
  • flo17
    flo17 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi just a quik question for poppy, been reading your post my pip end date is Oct 2020 was awarded for 5 years what happens now do I have to do a complete new claim if so do I contact them? Kind regards flo17
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @flo17 no need to start a new claim as you will receive a review form 6 months before your award is due to end. Hope this helps and please let us know if you have any further questions :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @flo17 - Just to say that PIP reviews are currently suspended due to Coronovirus, so this may delay you getting your review form. Your payments will still continue as normal however. See: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-update-benefit-reviews-and-reassessments-suspended

• flo17
    Options
    Hi poppy could i ask you a quik question. I was awarded my pip till October 2020 what do I do now do I have to reapply if so will they contact me or do I have to request a form. I was on indefinitely dla so I’m new to all this kind regards flo
  • flo17
    Options
    Thanks for advise guys. I thought as much with Coronavirus things may mess up slightly. Hope you all are keeping well.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.