Pip due to end feb 2020 - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip due to end feb 2020

Options

Comments

• anthonyj1
    anthonyj1 Community member Posts: 115 Courageous
    Options
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    Ho poppy and everone just to give an update  received pa3 report (CAB) difnt know what that was!!! Seems pretty positive and letter received yesterday, saying they have all the information they need and will write when decision has been made. Is their any timescale once this letter is received or just another waiting process? Thanks for any advice xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A PA3 report is the paper based assessment report. Have you added up the recommended points in that report? If you haven't then look for the dots and compare them against the PIP descriptors and you'll be able to add them up.

The letter you received is just a standard letter they send everyone and doesn't really mean anything. There's no timescales for decisions. Hopefully not too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the update @anthonyj1, I hope you don't have to wait much longer!
    Scope

• anthonyj1
    Options
    Hi poppy yes  the citizens advice added them up.and said based on the report should receive enhanced daily living and low rate mobility but do they look through everything or just go from the report? The report states review in 2 years but difficulties will still be present so found that a bit confusing, g.p has wrote letter requesting as long an award as possible due to the long waiting times for mental health treatment, duration of treatment and the fact  ive had 4 forms in 2 years is impeding greatly on my mental state (3 pip forms and 1 esa) ???
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They mostly go with the report, it's rare to go against it although it can happen.

I believe those that suffer with mental health conditions usually have a short award because things could change in the future. A 2 year review will mean a 3 year award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    Thanks poppy, so when would  the review be If 3 years awarded? Its so complicated this system and process isnt it!!! Thank god 4 people like you alot of people would be lost without your help and advice xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome and thank you! Reviews are currently taking place 6 months before the award is due to end, whether there will be any changes in a couple of years, i've no idea.
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    Thanks poppy, understand that changes take place al the time but again many thanks 4 ur advice and help, will keep u posted xx
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    And thanks chloe xx
  • scared_one
    scared_one Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi ?
    @poppy123456
    i read that you said reviews are now 6 months before they end. Mine is November 2020 review 7th November 2019 does this mean I won’t receive the AR1 review form for another 6 months? Hope I read this right as I’m in a right mess about being reviewed it’s so stressful!
    if it’s correct could you also put a link to this , sorry I’m a total worrier and driving myself insane thinking about another review ( assessment) 
    thank you x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi ?
    @poppy123456
    i read that you said reviews are now 6 months before they end. Mine is November 2020 review 7th November 2019 does this mean I won’t receive the AR1 review form for another 6 months? Hope I read this right as I’m in a right mess about being reviewed it’s so stressful!
    if it’s correct could you also put a link to this , sorry I’m a total worrier and driving myself insane thinking about another review ( assessment) 
    thank you x
    HI and welcome,

Yes, that's correct reviews are now taking place 6 months before the award is due to end and not 12 months before.

I'm afraid i can't post any link to confirm this because DWP didn't make any announcements regarding the changes but they were made at the beginning of the year. If it helps you relax a little more then my award also ends in October 2020 and i have yet to be sent any forms but i will be sent them in 6 months time.

While you're waiting you could start to gather any relevant evidence you have to support your claim because this will be needed. You could also do some research into the PIP descriptors and criteria to familarise yourself and have a little more understanding of the criteria. This link is probably one of the best i've read. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria

There's a lot to read so you'll have plenty of time to get through all that, while you wait.

When you do receive those forms i'd advise you not to think of it as a review but to treat it as a new claim and put as much information as possible about how those conditions you. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Hope this helps.

• scared_one
    scared_one Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thank you @poppy123456 for your quick response!
    This has definitely put my mind at rest a lot. I was awarded previously for 3 years then a year with review this month even though it increased. The whole process has my head in tatters and it’s so draining worrying constantly so thank you so much ? 
    I’m under my local hospital and GP and will gather as much info as I can and thank you for the link and I will treat it as a new claim. 
    You have helped more than you know and made me feel very welcome!
    Thank you lots! 
    Going to have a cuppa and try and relax x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @scared_one you're more than welcome!

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and always happy to advise when i can. When the time comes, if you need more advice please just ask, i'm sure someone will advise you.

I totally agree it's a very worrying time, at least you can try to relax a little now you know you have another 6 months till that dreaded brown envelope. Enjoy your cuppa :)
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    Ho poppy and everyone, just to give u an update, paper based decision finally received, enhanced care and low mobility till oct 2025 but will write after oct 2024. Thanks poppy and everyone for your help so very much appreciated.
    Question for poppy will it be six months before that they send review for out again? Confused with them.saying will write after oct 2024 when award is till oct 2025
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Great news! I have no idea what may happen between now and 2024 because that's a long time ahead and you never know with DWP things may change, which is why the award says after Oct 2024. My advice for now, is to relax because it's all over for another 5 years.
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    I know poppy what a relief, can concentrate on my treatment now, instead of bloody forms!!! Pardon the french, prob get an esa form though next, last esa form was june last year. Do tge pip liaise with esa, im really hoping they will leave me alone ??? but thanks poppy for all ur advice its been fabulous, UR A STAR for all these people who need advice, wish I could send u a thank you card xx hope u have a lovely xmas and new year and once again many, many thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're very welcome. I'm always happy to help anyone that needs it.

No, i'm afraid your PIP claim won't help your ESA claim when you're re-assessed because they are different benefits with different criteria.

Aww a thank you card, that's so sweet of you, that really made me smile. I will imagine that card is right here on my desk and will smile when i think that anthonyj1 sent it especially for me.

If you need advice in the future, just shout away and i'm sure i'll hear you. Merry Christmas and happy new year to you too :)
  • anthonyj1
    Options
    Thanks poppy, im hoping my teatment will start soon, been waiting a long time and im hoping that now the community mental health team have eventually taken me on that will eventually be able to help me bk into employment, but been a long time (11 years) but did work 4 22 years before the onset of my difficulties. You have any advice on getting back into work after such a long time out of it and with mental health issues? Will try and send u a pic of a thank u card on the forum if it lets me xx thanks again poppy xx 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Of course you can post a pic of a card! More smiles! :):):)

I hope the treatment works for you! I completely understand mental health as i've suffered with it myself for more than a decade. I just learn to deal with it the best way i can, although my ESA and PIP are not based on mental health.

If you do every feel like you can try some work in the future then have a think about permitted work. For this you can work less than 16 hours per week and earn no more than £131.50 on top of your existing benefits, with no affect at all. The only thing you need to think about is that if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming ESA then this could prompt an earlier assessment and you could be found fit for work.

This link explains permitted work. Do make sure you fill out the PW1 form and tell DWP if you do any work, including voluntary.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.