Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Refused a letter and information by my consultant. He is still of the understand DWP contact him.
I have had heart bypasses, stents ect since 2010. I am still having heart issues. My consultants scretary told me first the he refuses to do a letter. DWP contact him. After speaking to his secretary again now a shamles and in tears she agreed to speak with him again. I had a email tonight attached was the last letter my consultant wrote to me....not very informative. Since then i have had the heart put under stress. Yet again my gp and the hospital has not sent me a report or findings about this. I really do not know what to do about this.....this is one of my main health conditions. Can they refuse? Please help.
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 844 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 709 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.