What were your favourite children's books?
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” – Lemony Snicket
Today is National Read a Book Day and we want to know what your favourite childhood books are. I’ve always been an avid reader, but since smart phones came on the scene, I don’t get through half as many books as I really should. Maybe I’ve just been reading bad ones! The books that really stick out as favourites are those from my childhood – Charlotte’s Web, The Indian in the Cupboard, The Hobbit and anything by Terry Pratchett.
So what were your
favourites books as a kid? What are your favourite literary quotes? What book
have you read more times than any other?
Let us know in the comments below!
Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments