Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi guys. My daughter was receiving dla sometime ago now but when she reached 16 I was told that I had to apply for pip. I applied bit they refused her they said she was to able which is absolutely ridiculous. I've been waiting over a year for the tribunal but I've still heard nothing. What is the longest time you've had to wait. Sorry for ranting just very stressed as my daughter's nearly 18 and doesn't receive an income and she is unable to work because of her condition. Any advice would be great. Thanks 👍
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 613 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 684 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.