Hi guys. My daughter was receiving dla sometime ago now but when she reached 16 I was told that I had to apply for pip. I applied bit they refused her they said she was to able which is absolutely ridiculous. I've been waiting over a year for the tribunal but I've still heard nothing. What is the longest time you've had to wait. Sorry for ranting just very stressed as my daughter's nearly 18 and doesn't receive an income and she is unable to work because of her condition. Any advice would be great. Thanks ?
- 50.2K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 679 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 999 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 945 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 666 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 721 Autism and neurodiversity
- 869 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.