Once upon a time... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Once upon a time...

KME82
KME82 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
... in a small seaside town in the northeast of England, there lived a lady and her handsome(ish) Prince. Her name was KME82 and she wanted to meet like minded people from all over the world and hopefully make some friends.
Her children were the joy in her life and were what enabled her to sing happy songs and whistle while she worked. All 4 children had to fight more than their fair share of battles with the evil health goblins but KME82 was always prepared to go into battle alongside them to help them try to live happily ever after.
Because life isn't a Disney story but more like a Scorcese directed horror drama flick, KME82 was also cursed by the malevolent fibromyalgia fairy with additional evil incantations from the cfs gremlins which meant that she spends her days locked in her ivory tower (well, slightly grubby terrace) socially and emotionally isolated.
Then one day a little (blue)bird told her of a place where  people could all get together and share their  own stories and maybe even support each other in fighting the all to regular battle scenes. So she came to that place and wrote a silly tale to introduce herself in hope that people might say hello and begin a new story... 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    And welcome to our humble sanctuary m'lady @KME82. We're really glad you managed to find us and can't wait for you to get involved. If you need anything, please never hesitate to ask. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KME82 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for writing such an amazing introductory story, which I really enjoyed reading.  It is great to have you on board and you have come to the right place for support and friendship, as the Community has many lovely people on it who are always willing to have a chat.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and meet some new friends.  I have met some amazing people here!  Please feel free to look around the site and join in any discussions that you fancy.  A good place to start is our Coffee Lounge where everyone enjoys a cuppa and natter, 

https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge

If you have any questions for us or need help with anything then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • KME82
    Thankyou both :) 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • elizabethk
    elizabethk Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
    Hi @KME82 , it's so nice to meet you! Thanks for your post :blush: I've just joined the community today and am a fellow fibromyalgia warrior also frequently visited by the cfs gremlins so we have lots in common :smiley: 
    Sending a warm air hug over to you and I look forward to hopefully speaking further! 
  • KME82
    Hi Elizabeth would love to speak more :) hope you are having a restful sort of day x
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KME82

Good Evening & Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

I am one off a number off Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with??

@steve51
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @KME82 ?
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @KME82
                        Welcome to the community, thank you so much for joining us. What an amazing introduction, I look forward to seeing you around the community. Please have a look around the site and ask any questions as there are many lovely people on the site who will be able to help. We are all here to support one another. Thank you.  
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @KME82 Pleased to meet you welcome.  From a  community member from the North East.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  Like your post.  

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the community and forum.

You come to the right place for friendship, support.

Please have a look around our website. We are friendly, care and share.

Please if we can help with anything. Please ask. Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

Please take care. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @KME82
    What a brilliant introduction! :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.