Carer's allowance
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.


MaimarshMaimarsh Member Posts: 7 Listener
edited October 2019 in Carer's allowance
My partner use to be my carer but past away August my stepdaughter took over care allowance when he got bad but since she has had money and her dad died I never she her told her she supposed to do 35 hrs week I've been told I can have this money put on my pip as I'm disabled after having a stroke 8 yrs ago can anyone put light on this matter please 


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    Unfortunately, you won't be able to have the carers allowance money added to your PIP.

    May i ask if you claim any other benefits, such as Income Related ESA and do you live alone or with another person?

    Is anyone claiming carers allowance for looking after  you at the moment?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,662 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Maimarsh and a warm welcome to the community. I am so sorry to hear that your partner passed away, this cannot have been easy.

    Do you claim any other benefits other than PIP? 

    You might be able to claim a disability premium depending on your circumstances, if no one is claiming carers allowance for you. Here is the eligibility for this. 
    Community Partner

    Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,951 Scope community team
    Hello @Maimarsh. I'm really sorry to read this. You are correct in that if your step-daughter is claiming Carer's Allowance for you, she should be providing 35 hours a week care. If you've not seen her since she claimed, this really isn't okay. Have you tried speaking to her about it?

    As Chloe said, if she stops claiming Carer's Allowance, depending on your other benefits and situation it is possible you'd then be entitled to Severe Disability Premium (SDP).

    Please let us know how you're getting on and if there's anything we can do to support you. 
    Senior Community Partner

    If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.