I'm Fran, new here — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm Fran, new here

Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
Hi, I'm Fran. I'm ASD and have depression and anxiety. Found out earlier this year about the autism and I'm 58 now so it explained a lot about my life-long problems. Had depression and anxiety for just over a year now.  Got a lot of social problems, no close family or friends. Im unemployed, been unemployed a lot in my life. So theres money problems. My confidence has always been bad but it's pretty much non-existent now. Thought I would join here to chat like this with people with similar problems and see what you're all doing to get along.

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Franstrahan. Welcome to Scope! 

Feel free to take a look around and contribute to the discussions. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Franstrahan and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your struggles.  You have come to the right place for support and friendship as the Community is full of lovely people all here to support, listen and chat to you.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and meet some new friends along the way.  I have met many great people on here.  If there is anything we can do to help/support you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Bettahm
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Hello @Franstrahan   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  Sorry to hear of your problems and issues. Right now the experiences you are going through.

You come to the right place and for advice, support and most of all friendship.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help members of our community.

Please can I ask have you consider looking at support for your mental health.

I have used myself mental health charities. Know the difficulties add every day is stressful and have to use coping methods, strategies.

I do think if you access some help and advice with your issues can be beneficial to your wellbeing.

I used this one last time.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Get floating support or an out reach worker. Could also look at everything you have anything else. Your disability and maybe looking at your other problems.

Do look at sign posting.

On other point unfortunately might not be in some areas.

If that is the case . Look at MIND website. Often a useful organisation.

To look at.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

Please if I can help with anything please contact me. Happy to listen be supportive. 

Always good to talk or chat if that helps you. I use this forum as a support. Have made many friends.

Please I hope that gives you reassurance and confidence.

Please I wish you well and enjoy your time on the forum.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Bettahm
    Thank you spice man. I will look at those websites.
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Hi @Franstrahan and welcome to the Scope community. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Isolation experienced by disabled/chronically ill (etc) people is quite common, so know that you are not alone. I hope you are able to interact and connect with people within the Scope community and make some new friends. 

I look forward to seeing you around on here :)
  • Bettahm
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello there @Franstrahan and welcome to the community! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bettahm
    Thank you Adrian.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.