Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Adults with ASD
I'm 58 now, found out I was on the spectrum earlier this year. Saw a school psychologist back in the 70s coz I was disruptive, got into fights, got bullied, didn't fit in with the other kids etc, but IT GOT MISSED! So all these years later, feeling like an alien from another planet, as I'm not 'like other people' I now know the reason. Have had life-long difficulty holding down a job, friendship, anything involving other people really and now in financial difficulty and suffering from depression and anxiety. Is there any help out there for autistic adults?
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.