Support in North Tyneside
Paris Nursing is an organisation in North Tyneside and after 4 years, the project
continues to expand.
They have 10 parish nurses working in the area. They don't carry out and 'hands on nursing', but are able to support many disabled people with a range of conditions.
Here are some of the services that they can offer:
- Assist with form filling for benefits
- Accompanying people to hospital, doctors, dentists, etc.
- Chair exercise classes
- Drop in 'clinics' at sheltered housing complexes and residential/nursing homes
- Sit with people when a partner need to attend an appointment or have a break
- Qualified to cut nails (both finger and toes)
- Hand and arm massage to help people with stress, anxiety, depression, etc.
- Signpost people to other services
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact Parish Nursing, this is a Christian organisation but they support anyone and everyone. They reassured us that people don't have to be Christians or Church Members to be assisted.
Tell us what you think?
Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.