Support in North Tyneside — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support in North Tyneside

Chloe_Scope
Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
edited November 2019 in Research and opportunities

Paris Nursing is an organisation in North Tyneside and after 4 years, the project continues to expand.

They have 10 parish nurses working in the area. They don't carry out and 'hands on nursing', but are able to support many disabled people with a range of conditions.

Here are some of the services that they can offer: 

• Assist with form filling for benefits
  • Accompanying people to hospital, doctors, dentists, etc. 
  • Chair exercise classes
  • Drop in 'clinics' at sheltered housing complexes and residential/nursing homes
  • Sit with people when a partner need to attend an appointment or have a break
  • Qualified to cut nails (both finger and toes)
  • Hand and arm massage to help people with stress, anxiety, depression, etc. 
  • Signpost people to other services
The services are voluntary and free. Also, all of the staff are highly qualified nurses who have had excellent training and have many years expertise and experience, with some having retired but want to continue to use their skills to support people.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact Parish Nursing, this is a Christian organisation but they support anyone and everyone. They reassured us that people don't have to be Christians or Church Members to be assisted.
Scope

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    This is handy. Thanks @Chloe_Scope! I could really benefit from a over due arm massage and my son might enjoy the chair based workout sessions as well. How do I contact them? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    This is handy. Thanks @Chloe_Scope! I could really benefit from a over due arm massage and my son might enjoy the chair based workout sessions as well. How do I contact them? 
    North Tyneside is an area in Newcastle in the North of the country. Unless you live there, which i'm sure you don't then they won't be of any help to you, i'm afraid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @April2018mom, they can be contacted through their website which is linked in the post. However, like @poppy123456 said, they only provide the service in that area.
    Scope

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.