Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Surprise letter..... part 2
I thought i should post again regarding the surprise letter because i did start the other thread some weeks ago. Well. the postman arrived today with a letter from Scope telling me i had won the award for empowering others. This award is given for supporting and empowering disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members which has helped them progress their claims more confidently.
I have no idea what happens next but it says my volunteer manager will arrange a time to present me with the award very soon.
-cough- i honestly wasn't expecting to win this award because there's other Community Champions here too and we all deserve awards. I love advising others and spending my time helping as many people as possible, despite the difficult times i'm experiencing in my life right now.
I know there must be others that have received an award, infact i know of at least one person... you know who you are my dearest friend, are you going to reveal yourself?
Thank you scope and all the admins for this, it really does mean so much! Of course i'll continue to advise others, the best way i can. Smiling from ear to ear and you really have made my weekend!
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.