Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Surprise letter..... part 2

poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
Hello everyone,

I thought i should post again regarding the surprise letter because i did start the other thread some weeks ago. Well. the postman arrived today with a letter from Scope telling me i had won the award for empowering others. This award is given for supporting and empowering disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members which has helped them progress their claims more confidently.

I have no idea what happens next but it says my volunteer manager will arrange a time to present me with the award very soon.

-cough- i honestly wasn't expecting to win this award because there's other Community Champions here too and we all deserve awards. I love advising others and spending my time helping as many people as possible, despite the difficult times i'm experiencing in my life right now.

I know there must be others that have received an award, infact i know of at least one person... you know who you are my dearest friend, are you going to reveal yourself? B)<3

Thank you scope and all the admins for this, it really does mean so much! Of course i'll continue to advise others, the best way i can. Smiling from ear to ear and you really have made my weekend!
Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.

Replies

• chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,105 Disability Gamechanger
    My very warmest congratulations, Poppy. You certainly deserve this special award for all you do. Reading about it makes me smile too.
  • atlas46atlas46 Member Posts: 827 Pioneering
    Hi @poppy123456

Wow, brilliant news, such a well deserved award.

You are a credit to our community.

-cough- about those two acceptance speeches, think you had better start composing.

@poppy123456 AKA as The Queen of Scope!

Best wishes
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    chiarieds said:
    My very warmest congratulations, Poppy. You certainly deserve this special award for all you do. Reading about it makes me smile too.
    Thank you very much for those kind words :)
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @poppy123456

Wow, brilliant news, such a well deserved award.

You are a credit to our community.

-cough- about those two acceptance speeches, think you had better start composing.

@poppy123456 AKA as The Queen of Scope!

Best wishes
    Thank you very much, such kind words and much appreciated! Don't know so much about the "Queen of scope" -blushes-

As for the speech, i'm not so good with words in front of people, much better on the internet lol
  • CressidaCressida Member Posts: 785 Pioneering
    @poppy123456 well done! So pleased for you. You really deserve this. Lovely news x
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Well it's great to congratulate 2 people in one afternoon! Congratulations @Ami2301 -  thank you for sharing your news; well done.
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,489 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @chiarieds! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • paffuto10paffuto10 Member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Congratulations, very well deserved  both of you  :D:D

Lovely news 
    @poppy123456 and @ami
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,489 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @paffuto10! :)
    @Ami2301 thank you! I'm glad you finally spilled the beans because i would have, if you hadn't <3
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,869 Member
    @chiarieds @paffuto10 thank you both, very much! :)
  • Gwendoline1Gwendoline1 Member Posts: 226 Pioneering
    Congratulations all, well done ! 😀😀😀
    Congratulations also to
    @thespiceman :D

(I know he'll be around here somewhere)  :) 

Thankyou all for the endless support and advice you give to this community. Much appreciated xx

No doubt @thespiceman is shaking his tail feather along with Strictly!
    Congratulations @thespiceman so pleased you also got an award! I see how much you help on the forum so often as you know.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    The biggest congratulations to @poppy123456, @Ami2301, @thespiceman and @Ails who have all won volunteer awards!

I truly believe this just goes to show how amazing our volunteers are and thank you everyone of you. You all make the community such a friendly place to be and we appreciate all the time and effort you put into supporting other disabled people and their families.

Congratulations!
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • AilsAils Member Posts: 2,268 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations and very well done to @poppy123456, @Ami2301 and @thespiceman as you all really deserve your awards and do fantastic work on the Community.  It is a pleasure to have made such great friends with you and I thank you all for your support and that of the Community Team since I've been a newbie Community Champion.  I love doing this role and wasn't expecting this at all so truly honoured and delighted!  I have met a lot of amazing people on this Community and it is great to be a part of it.  Sending love and best wishes to you all.  xx  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
    Hi @Ails - It's lovely to send my congratulations for the fourth time! Delighted you got a well-deserved award too. Here's to Scope's 'Fantastic Four.'
    Aww, thank you, @chiarieds.  That's lovely of you to say. x  :smiley:
  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @chiareids Please can I thank you from my heart lovely comments much appreciated.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
    Hello @ails thank you my friend great to meet you and be my friend always.

Look forward every day to talking and chat. Love you lots.

Pleasure to have you as community champion.

Your friend the one and only.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    Hello @Chloe_Scope   Thank you for kind words. This award also goes to you as the team with out you I am nothing just a  humble gentleman. 

Who has some time to dedicate and give my  love, respect, compassion and sensitivity empathy those  who need some one to listen to.

Thanks for all the support, training messages and warm greetings anytime I speak to you.

Makes me proud to be a community champion and part of the team.

Long may it continue three years next year wow.

Your friend.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
    Aww, thank you, such lovely words, @thespiceman.  You are a true gent and great friend and it is fab to work alongside you on this lovely Community and to know you.  Thank you for your continued support, chat and friendship.  So glad to have met you and sending you love and best wishes, @Ails.  x  :smiley:
    @chiarieds

"Scope's fantastic four"  :D  :D 
    We'll have to remember that when we're asking for help. Where are the fantastic four please?  :)

Well done everyone!! 

Who's getting the drinks in? 
    Mine's a cuppa  :p

Thanks @paffuto10, I will use any excuse for a lovely cuppa!  Cheers!  :smiley:
    My life is complete now I've been referred to as part of a superhero team, thank you @chiarieds 😁

Mines a orange juice please @paffuto10 :)
    You all need special badges to have on your walls now! You might never live this down. To the 'Fantastic Four.' o:) Mine's a coffee please @paffuto10
    Sorry, i've only just seen these added comments, it's been one of those days to say the very least! :(@Chloe_Scope thank you for those kind words!

@Ails Congratulations on your award too!

@chiarieds I'm truly honoured to be part of scopes "fantastic four"

@paffuto10 Cappuccino for me please :)
    Hello @paffuto10 my friend thanks very much for mentioning me as the part of the fantastic four.

Where am I staying in washing my tights as super hero @thespiceman does itch a bit these superhero costumes.  lol. Must be the washing powder lol.

All you have do is shout honey where is your super suit I am here on it lol.

Cannot drink coffee but make you affogato .  Got a recipe all it is vanilla ice cream in a tall glass with hot coffee poured over it with grated chocolate with some boudoir biscuits to dip in or sponge fingers.

Thanks very much for the comments and lovely warm words.

Your friend.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    That sounds delicious @thespiceman

Cheers everyone  :)
        X
    Thank you @chiarieds and @poppy123456 for your lovely comments too.  Won the New Volunteer award and was truly gobsmacked, but honoured!  Lovely to be part of the Fantastic Four!  Congrats again to you all and thank you to all the Scope members for their support.  x  :smile:
  • gillian72gillian72 Member Posts: 293 Pioneering
    @thefantasticfour 😷😷😷😷< 🙌 Best to stay safe lol  need you 4 healthy coz  I'm sure we will be needing you 4 over the next weeks or months 2 come so well done to you all 👏👏👏👏 xxxx
Sign in or join us to comment.