Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is reidcarola!
Hi there thank you for letting me join, I'm not sure I fit into this group, i am 42 years old with 4 chronic health conditions and dyslexia, due to my health I have had to give up my job as a health care assistant in Feb 2019, due to lack of finances because of non payment of benefits ive had to do a charity fundraising telephone job from home, I still have to take time off due to chronic thyroiditis, a few years ago I was stripped of disabled persons tax credits and my husband was stripped of his pip as he also has a long term health problem, for the last 3 years and this year in particular it's been extremely difficult to manage, we have a power card machine which eats up money like its growing on trees we have mortgage arrears, alot of stress which doesnt help our conditions and no support, I'm constantly having to ask my mum for money which we cant always afford to pay bk and she has been recently widowed so you can imagine how that makes me feel. We have no social life, because we are always trying to work to make ends meet, due to my illness I have flare ups which means I can be off for weeks until medication changes take effect I dont get ssp or contractual sick pay because we work from home, we have had to ask for crisis Grant's which we have been told we have been entitled to but haven't been paid out. I am at the end of my line with the feelings of frustration, hurt and anger I feel as noone seems to be able to help in regards to the benefits agency, we are doin what we can to support ourselves but it just isnt enough, sorry for the long saga but I'm looking for support hope and direction as I've never felt so alone and desperate in my life as what I have this year.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.