Hi, my name is doopher! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is doopher!

doopher
doopher Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have several illnesses that render me unable to move most days. I get pip and only the stamp bit of ESA. It's confusing and unfair the way we are treated. They are even wanting me to go for assessment just to give me my pension stamps. I'm in pain everyday. I suffer depression most dad's as well as being type 1 diabetic. Looking to see how others are coping. Especially with the government pip and ESA.

Comments

• doopher
    doopher Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi an welcome,

Unfortunately, even if you're claiming NI credits only towards your state pension then you still need to have regular reviews because the same rules apply if you were receiving money every fortnight.

I agree, these assessments are very stressful indeed. Hopefully, everything will be fine and a decision will go in your favour. If you have any further questions please just ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hi @doopher and welcome to the community. Sorry you've having such a rough time at the moment, but we'll be happy to advise you however we can. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @doopher , a warm welcome to the community.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @doopher and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing your photo and introduction with us.  I'm really sorry to hear of your health struggles and with ESA and PIP and can appreciate how frustrating this is.  Please be assured that the Community is here to support you and we all look out for each other so if you need to chat there will always be someone to listen.  We are a friendly bunch!  If you need help/support with anything at all then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.