Hi, my name is Michelle — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Michelle

Options
Cazyshell
Cazyshell Community member Posts: 3 Connected
Hi my name is Michelle but get called Shelly. I am currently 26 years old. I myself have recently been diagnosed with Sacroiliitis which is basically Arthritis in my spine and hips.

I have no children but do have 9 animals all recused or rehome. I am not married but am in a relationship with Matt who has Aspergers Syndrome we have been together 10 years. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Crazyshell

Good Morning & Welcome ??

I am one off a team of “Community Champion’s” on here.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with??

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Crazyshell - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining, Shelly. I'm sorry you've got sacroiliitis. Does heat or ice help? If it's painful, it sometimes helps to sleep on your side with a pillow between your thighs! I have sacro-iliac problems, & find these things help at times.
    Please have a look around & join in any of the discussions. Use the 'All groups' or 'Recent discussions' links a bit higher up & on the right to find other sections here. You might share some pictures of your animals in the 'Coffee Lounge.' See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Cazyshell. :smile: What sort of animals do you have?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Cazyshell
    Cazyshell Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Options
    Thank you @steve51 I will let you know if I have any questions at the moment having a nose around the site.

@chiarieds a heat pack helps slightly, just been put on injections to help with the pain and so far they are helping.
    I have a pillow under my knees that seem to help me sleep, thanks for the tip though 

@Adrian_Scope, we currently have, two black cats girl is Midnight then boy is Ryuk, three leopard geckoes Artorias (Arty), Alduin and Huffle, a Gargoyle gecko Gimli, a pac man frog called Jabba and two white tree frogs Nevvie and Niffie. 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Cazyshell

No probs it’s my Pleasure ? 

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Fantastic names @Cazyshell! :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Cazyshell and welcome to the Community.  It is great to have you on board!  I really enjoyed reading your introduction.  You have some fabulous animals there!  You will find lots of us on here love our animals!  I have a cat called Christy.  You will find the forum to be a really friendly and supportive space full of lovely people.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing you here.  If there is anything at all we can help/support you with then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.