Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
A positive result
Just because we seldom hear positive results I thought I would share my wifes PIP story. and give hope to anyone making a claim for PIP
She was awarded PIP for the first time in november 2017. Initially standard care and enhanced mobility. After a paper based tribunal she was awarded enhanced for both. As this was awarded by tribunal her benefit came to an end in november 2019. We reapplied and went for a f2f on 9th of november. Today, 6th december, she received her award letter giving her enhanced for both components for an ongoing period.
Sometimes the DWP do get it right. Our experiance was straight forward and reletively painless. It is most important to understand the criteria for an award and give examples of how you are affected in performing each
Be all you can be, make every day count. Namaste
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 837 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 301 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.2K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 771 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.