A positive result — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A positive result

CockneyRebel
CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
Just because we seldom hear positive results I thought I would share my wifes PIP story. and give hope to anyone making a claim for PIP

She was awarded PIP for the first time in november 2017. Initially  standard care and enhanced mobility. After a paper based tribunal she was awarded enhanced for both. As this was awarded by tribunal her benefit came to an end in november 2019. We reapplied and went for a f2f on 9th of november. Today, 6th december, she received her award letter giving her enhanced for both components for an ongoing period.

Sometimes the DWP do get it right. Our experiance was straight forward and reletively painless. It is most important to understand the criteria for an award and give examples of how you are affected in performing each
descriptor

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.