PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Changes since PIP assessment this morning

MK70MK70 Member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, I am new to this forum but wish I had found it before last night in preparation for my face-to-face assessment which was at 0830 this morning! During the assessment I was asked about my medication and when this was last changed. I mentioned that it was no longer effective and I was awaiting a review by my GP - I have just come off the phone to my GP and been prescribed amitriptyline in addition to the nifedipine I already take.  Is it worth contacting the general PIP number to advise?
Also, during the assessment I was asked if there were any adaptations at my workplace - I advised that they told me to use the disabled parking bay and have to provide additional heating if needed (my condition is affected by colder temperatures), but I didn't mention that my working hours had been changed following an Occ Health referral and I am also issued with long sleeved uniform (my workplace wear short sleeved uniform).  Again, is it worth me telling them that I forgot to mention this at the assessment?  I did send copies of my OH reports with the initial application.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• cristobalcristobal Member Posts: 966 Disability Gamechanger
    @MK70 - I believe that subsequent changes to medication aren't something that you need to tell them about, only changes in you condition that affect your functional ability.
  • MK70MK70 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you for the quick reply cristobal
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,934 Disability Gamechanger
    A change in medication may be relevant depending on the level prescribed. For example, certain levels of Amytrip are wholly ineffective but can act as a placebo. If the level prescribed went up it would describe an acceptance that pain levels were significant and so any assertions about reduced functionality would be more likely to be true. 

If you sent in your OH report and the things you forgot today were in there then there’s no point in mentioning them again. So, yes to meds in certain circumstances and possibly no to work changes if they already have that info.
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,719 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is not about a medical condition or medication its all about any care/mobility needs you have.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,284 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello just to make thing clear, pip is a benefit to help you cope manage your daily living activities and mobility issues. PIP is not awarded on a disability, diagnosis or the amount of medications you are prescribed, but on your ability to cope , manage the pip descriptors in a timely manner, repeatable and safely for most of your day.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,924

Scope community team

Hello @MK70 and welcome to the community. I hope the information above has been helpful, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anymore advice. :smile:
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.