Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Help with PIP
I have just received the assessors report for PIP although the assessor recorded that I need supervision in the bath as I have severe obstructive sleep apnea and that I nearly drowned causing me to choke, my partner explained that I fall asleep in the bath and that's why I am supervised. last night my partner's sister went in the kitchen to make some toast and a few minutes later my partner asked if I could hear anything and being hard of hearing I said only the ceiling fan which is noisy aparently she has excellent hearing and she heard a slight sound of the smoke alarm going off which I didn't hear at all. The assessor scored me 0 points. Also the Assessor scored me 0 points when I need supervision for cooking a meal as I have loss of balance and sleep apnea. 0 points were also given over medication supervision when infact they recorded that I attempted suicide by taking an overdose yet my partner told the assessor that she has been told by the GP that I am not to take my medication without supervison and only she is allowed to administer it. I suffer from anxiety and depression and I have high blood pressure, severe obstructive sleep apnea, hard of hearing and psylogical distress. I find it hard going out to unfamiliar places and my partner always comes with me. I don't have family or friends in liverpool so I am isolated at home most of the time except hospital and GP appointments and weekly shopping which my partner is with me at all times. I also have anger outbursts from time to time.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.