Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Managing pavements in a powerchair
I've just acquired my new Lith-Tech powerchair and took it out for the first time this morning on my own. I knew the pavements were bad where I am but this was so scary. The pavements are narrow with frequent obstacles like hedges, dog mess, cars parked on pavement and Virginmedia cable boxes. They slope down towards the oncoming traffic and are extremely bumpy and uneven. And some of the slopes are very steep. How on earth do folks manage with this? I am feeling so daunted.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.