Managing pavements in a powerchair - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Managing pavements in a powerchair

2»

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Aquinas, how are things going? :)
    Scope

• Aquinas
    Aquinas Community member Posts: 25 Courageous
    Hi Chloe, thank  you for asking!  My councillor responded and said that I would hear from the council but I've heard nothing yet.  

Two Neighbours chatted to but it's not their problem and they show little interest to the point of them telling me they don't want to get involved.  ?Planning on getting a wheelchair taxi to neighbouring town where I have to visit dentist,. Town centre where I live is dead and not really worth visiting. 

• Chloe_Scope
    Hi @Aquinas, I'm glad you heard back from your councillor.

I'm sorry about your neighbours, the taxi sounds like a great idea though! You must let us know how you get on. :) 
    Scope

• Aquinas
    Cost me £25 for a five-mile return journey to the next town where my dentist is!  That's certainly unsustainable.  :(  But I did get to go in their small indoor shopping centre with my chair and have a whizz round.   What I've noticed that people have too often got their heads down looking at their mobile phones to notice me, and it's not so easy to veer round them.  Some looking positively aggressive, as if it's my fault!   I haven't heard a thing from the council, unfortunately. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @Aquinas, just wanted to check in to see how things were going. :)
    Scope

• Aquinas
    hi Chloe_Scope, Thank you so much for asking.   How are you?  Well there's been no response from the council. However the weather has been diabolical, hasn't it?  That means that I can't/won't go out anyway. I did have a whole day stuck in my chair when I was taken to hospital for an appointment and left there until late evening due to a transport mess up.  >:)  My chair is not designed to be sat in all day!  
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'm good thanks @Aquinas. Sorry to hear the transport messed up! I hope it didn't leave you in too much pain.
    Scope

• Aquinas
    Unfortunately it caused a  lot of pain ??
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'm sorry to hear that @Aquinas, I hope you are able to rest and recover.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.